BLOG: Six stock risers from Iowa State's fall camp

Swatcity

May 20, 2015
Outside of summer workouts and fall camp chatter I have heard nothing about Johnnie Lang. He could be a diamond for us but I cant seem to find much of his high school information. Looks like he was maybe a 2 star on rivals but also had offers from Florida State, Auburn and a few other SEC schools. Anyone have any other info on him? How did we get him and why he seems to be so under recruited?

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Outside of summer workouts and fall camp chatter I have heard nothing about Johnnie Lang. He could be a diamond for us but I cant seem to find much of his high school information. Looks like he was maybe a 2 star on rivals but also had offers from Florida State, Auburn and a few other SEC schools. Anyone have any other info on him? How did we get him and why he seems to be so under recruited?

"Originally a member of the class of 2016, Lang failed to qualify academically and dealt with some legal issues.

The Bradenton Herald reported in 2015 that Lang was charged with two counts of burglary of an unoccupied home. He reportedly entered a plea of no contest and agreed to a sentence that included 90 days of jail time and five years of probation."

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...-lang-iowa-state-football-cyclones/391299001/

Let's hope for a Royce White like redemption.

• Informative
Reactions: cyhiphopp

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA

He was barely looked at by recruiting services because there was a small chance of him making it to a school immediately out of high school. Pretty sure he was an All-State player as a junior in Florida then moved to Utah for his senior season after his legal issues.