Friday OT #3 - Booty Music

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Let's try and keep this one clean, if possible. :)

I saw that Chris Isaak (of "Wicked Game" fame - link) is going to be at Hoyt-Sherman on Tuesday. There are, like, six ladies in their mid-to-late 40s at my work who are incredibly open about him being their musician who "does it" for them. They are going merely to look at him.

Is there a musician whose music you may listen to more because of the way he/she looks?

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Shakira. I do enjoy some of her songs just don't listen to them regularly, but when I do I'm making sure I listen to it with a music video.

Lenny Kravitz genuinely has some great music (well, and some crappy stuff in the late 90s), but I really enjoy it accompanied by a video!

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines

I saw that Chris Isaak (of "Wicked Game" fame - link) is going to be at Hoyt-Sherman on Tuesday. There are, like, six ladies in their mid-to-late 40s at my work who are incredibly open about him being their musician who "does it" for them. They are going merely to look at him.

Is there a musician whose music you may listen to more because of the way he/she looks?

There's a great quote from Flight of the Conchords:

"Women like 3 things:
Men in Kilts
Southern Comfort
& Chris Isaak's Wicked Game"

My wife and mother-in-law are also going to see Chris Isaak.

• Funny
Reactions: Angie

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

1. I've seen Chris Isaak a couple of times. He puts on a fun show. Very gay friendly (who knew?!??l

Ladies who do it for me:
-Terri Nunn from Berlin
-Ann Margaret in her prime. (Kids, Google her)
-Norah Jones
-Natalie Merchant
-Whitney Houston

All choices are made when they were at their prime and this list should not be viewed as comprehensive

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
There's a great quote from Flight of the Conchords:

"Women like 3 things:
Men in Kilts
Southern Comfort
& Chris Isaak's Wicked Game"

My wife and mother-in-law are also going to see Chris Isaak.

I had totally forgotten that quote, but it's brilliant. I do enjoy that song, it's very smooth. I thought about grabbing a ticket, but am not that big of a fan outside of that song! You'll have to let me know what they think of it.

1. I've seen Chris Isaak a couple of times. He puts on a fun show. Very gay friendly (who knew?!??l

Ladies who do it for me:
-Terri Nunn from Berlin
-Ann Margaret in her prime. (Kids, Google her)
-Norah Jones
-Natalie Merchant
-Whitney Houston

All choices are made when they were at their prime and this list should not be viewed as comprehensive

Chris is so smooth, I'm sure he plays to all crowds!

I like that list - that's super-diverse!

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Shirley Manson, in her prime, was the kind of "dirty hot" that was very appealing. No idea what she looks like, now. Also, when Jewel first burst onto the scene with her crooked teeth and tight t-shirts, there was nothing wrong with that. Lisa Loeb, from that era was pretty awesome, too.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I had totally forgotten that quote, but it's brilliant. I do enjoy that song, it's very smooth. I thought about grabbing a ticket, but am not that big of a fan outside of that song! You'll have to let me know what they think of it.

Chris is so smooth, I'm sure he plays to all crowds!

I like that list - that's super-diverse!

Talent is attractive! I'm sure I would fall for Adele if I met her too....and maybe even Chris Isaak. Guy does put on a good show. Recommend seeing him

Have to love the ladies of all shapes, sizes, and shades.....the world is more fun that way

*edit* Please add Tina Turner to the list.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Talent is attractive! I'm sure I would fall for Adele if I met her too....and maybe even Chris Isaak. Guy does put on a good show. Recommend seeing him

Have to love the ladies of all shapes, sizes, and shades.....the world is more fun that way

*edit* Please add Tina Turner to the list.

I agree, talent and attitude are huge. Like, look at Jay-Z - that man is not traditionally attractive, but he has a TON of talent and swagger, and that's why he can pull down someone like Beyonce (and Becky with the good hair, etc., etc.).

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Shirley Manson, in her prime, was the kind of "dirty hot" that was very appealing. No idea what she looks like, now. Also, when Jewel first burst onto the scene with her crooked teeth and tight t-shirts, there was nothing wrong with that. Lisa Loeb, from that era was pretty awesome, too.

She did a recent podcast with Joe Rogan. For age 50, she does pretty well. Also was interesting to listen to.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Jewel/Brittney Spears (1999 version), Christina Aguilera, Rhianna (though she's also talented)

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Belinda Carlisle when I was a kid.
Kacey Musgraves now.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Shakira and Beyonce. I would never listen to more than 30 seconds of any Beyonce song that I've heard but I find here videos to be rather enchanting.

• Funny