Barclays Center, Brooklyn, NY

August 19, 2017, 8:00 Eastern/7:00 Central

WWE Network/PPV

Reactions: Macloney

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Much of the TakeOver card is already set:

Bobby Roode (c) vs Drew McIntyre (NXT Championship)
Asuka (c) vs Ember Moon (NXT Women's Championship)
Authors of Pain (c) (w/Paul Ellering) vs SAnitY (Alexander Wolfe & Killian Dain w/Eric Young & Nikki Cross) (NXT Tag Team Championship)
Andrade Almas (w/ Zolita Vega a.k.a. Thea Trinidad) vs Johnny Gargano

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Meanwhile, only 1 SummerSlam match is in place, with two official matches awaiting a challenger.

Naomi (c) vs Natalya (SD Women's Championship)
Brock Lesnar (c) vs TBD (WWE Universal Championship)
Alexa Bliss (c) vs TBD) (Raw Women's Champion)

Possible matches:

JInder Mahal (c) vs TBD (WWE Championship)
Kevin Owens (c) vs TBD (probably AJ Styles) (WWE US Championship)
The Miz (c) vs TBD (WWE Intercontinental Championship)
New Day (c) vs TBD (probably The Usos) (SD Tag Team Championship)
Sheamus & Cesaro (c) vs who knows (Raw Tag Team Championship)
Neville (c) vs who knows (Cruiserweight Championship)

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Braun Strowman is exactly how Roman Reigns should have been booked from the moment Shield broke up.

Roman wouldn't have been able to, too much history. Braun came in as a relative unknown and has been booked as unstoppable for the majority of his short career. I do agree that Strowman has been booked well though.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Brock Lesnar's intro is just weird without the pyro. For those that didn't know, WWE cut the pyro as they're trying to shore up their operating budget.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I like Strowmans promos. His "piling up bodies" piece last week got panned on the podcasts but I bought it was great.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I actually didn't think it was possible for Corbin to become more boring, but there it is.

Man, Renee is smoking!!!!

I want to like Baron Corbin, but, like most recent NXT promotions, something just isn't right. His booking should be Braun Strowman light - essentially the monster heel of SD, just like he was at the end of his run at NXT, but it's just not connecting. I don't know whether they're screwing up his booking (like so many other WWE stars) or he's incapable of giving a Braun Strowman-type promo, but I would lean toward the former based on the reason why he was pushed in the first place was his appearances on Talking Smack, and the fact that they booked him right in NXT.

Then again, about the only thing consistently entertaining on SD these days is Breezeango (who would have thought that a year ago?), so is it really a surprise? I mean, these guys can't even book Shinsuke Nakamura right consistently.

As far as Renee, it doesn't seem to matter what she does to her hair or her wardrobe, she is clearly the most gorgeous woman in WWE. And it's not just looks - she has the personality to boot. Dean Ambrose is one lucky man.

• Winner
Reactions: Macloney

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I will give credit where it's due - they're doing a really good job with Charlotte's face run so far. So well that she doesn't even need to be in the title picture to be over. The best thing they did was hook her up with Becky Lynch - they're rubbing off on one another.

It's things like these as well as Bayley's and Sasha's friendship that makes me want a Four Horsewomen run to happen in WWE at some point.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Rumor is Enzo will be turning on Big Show at SummerSlam and will be rejoining Cass, only as a heel this time. In fact, word is storyline wise this could have all been a long con.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron