Thomas Jones to the Jets

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I see this move being made for a number of reasons...One, free up money to make Briggs a happy man, strenghten the defensive backfield, and give my boy Adrian Peterson some more carries!

cigaretteman

Nov 8, 2006
Iowa
Agree on Adrian Peterson. He always seemed to do great with the two carries he was given every year, and I always thought they should use him more.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Saw that as well. Cedric will be fine. He's a big boy and can handle the load.

jkoo

Apr 21, 2006
I see this move being made for a number of reasons...One, free up money to make Briggs a happy man, strenghten the defensive backfield, and give my boy Adrian Peterson some more carries!

your boy will only be happy somewhere else.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2788148

i hate the organization for favoring Benson when clearly the team and talent favored Jones. The bears are fortunate enough that Lovie is a class act that he did stay committed to them. Goodbye Rivera, Jones, and Briggs...you will be SORELY missed come next season.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
The Bears can still negotiate with Briggs even though he has been tagged, he has already backed off the statement, it is a negoting tactic... By moving Jones they have more money to throw at Briggs, he will be a Bear next year.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Saw that as well. Cedric will be fine. He's a big boy and can handle the load.

As long as he can stay healthy...

I'm not so sure about this move but as cysball says, this is really a cap move to free up money to sign Briggs to a long term deal.

Its known that the Bears front office wants to keep the defense intact.

isuarch80

Sep 25, 2006
Dallas, TX
I think they gave up too much with Jones...does anyone else think that? He's been a top 5 rusher in the NFC the last couple years, does it quietly, is a great team guy, and then the Bears give up a 2nd rounder AND T Jones just to move up to the front of the 2nd round? I'm pretty sure we could've gotten the 2 for just Jones...just my opinion though.
I'm really not liking the direction Angelo is going this offseason. The draft will tell, and the resulting Briggs ordeal will confirm it, but this offseason has been all about turnover when they were in the Super Bowl the ENTIRE game, sans the final 5 minutes. Hopefully these moves will help the OL get younger and add a receiving weapon of some sort, and I agree Benson and APete can handle the running duties, i really do. It's just troublesome so far...

bcr4isu

Oct 17, 2006
I dont know if Briggs will take another contract. He said that he doesnt want to play for the bears oranization anymore.

Last edited: