*** Official IOWA STATE vs Memphis Liberty Bowl Game(Day) Thread ***

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
All Surgis had To do was tackle that dude in bound and he let him run right fkn by him. Unreal.

the good ol’ ice the kicker thing (which is total bs) really worked well too.
Didn’t need to tackle him even. Didn’t even need to touch him. Just maintain outside contain and he’s tackled short and the half is over.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Fan petition: NO MORE ******* TRUE ROAD GAMES FOR A POST SEASON BOWL GAME!!!

What’s worse is Pollard and the AD encouraging this ****. If WVU/Big 12 could trade for the Mayo Bowl, than ISU could have too.

Stop treating Memphis like it’s KC, because it’s absolutely not.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Regarding the OP deal I was doing we got to 60 ratings. 44 likes 14 winners 2 loves. Since we didn't get to 100 doing $1 for likes, $1.50 for winners and $2 for the loves for a total of $69.

LAClone

Apr 26, 2010
He should be mad at himself for icing the kicker when anyone with access to the internet can find out that it doesn’t work. Or maybe he could just remember the hundred other times he’s done it this season when it didn’t work.

But if you keep doing the same things that don’t work, it has to EVENTUALLY work once. Right? …… Right?

Amac12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 21, 2020
I think Nate S is going to be a good coordinator but his Red Zone offense is so freaking predictable. Also we may have the slowest linebackers in P5.

• Agree
Reactions: CYEATHAWK

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
He should be mad at himself for icing the kicker when anyone with access to the internet can find out that it doesn’t work. Or maybe he could just remember the hundred other times he’s done it this season when it didn’t work.
Don’t disagree. I am one of the ones that called the second kick to be good.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Bush league? That was a pretty smart play call.
Might be a smart play, but it was bush league.

The offense lined up in taking a knee formation. So ISU's d-line isn't going to be aggressive at the snap and hit the Memphis o-lineman.

If Memphis did take a knee and ISU's d-line hit a Memphis o-lineman like a normal play- the refs would call a personal foul on ISU. And pretty good chance the Memphis o-line would take offense and we'd see a fight or minimum jawing.

But that play shouldn't have mattered. Bad tackling by the ISU player on the crossing route with 4 seconds left.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
So I was a bit behind, so watched the whole 1st half on ESPN+.
No real commercials. Same "preview" OVER and over!!!
Please tell me regular ESPN has actual commercials?!?!?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
They need to stop running the ball. They are destroying them in the pass game and losing yards when they run. If they come out of half running the ball I’m turning this bs off because the coaches would be trying to lose

The only way out offense has been stopped is when we waste 1-2 plays in negative yardage running plays.

• Winner
Reactions: cincinnaticyclone

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Fan petition: NO MORE ******* TRUE ROAD GAMES FOR A POST SEASON BOWL GAME!!!
It's the sole reason I didn't go to the bowl game. I don't care if they are nice or not, I have no intention of going and dealing with home team fans during an away game, for a bowl/vacation. I get it, no SEC team, but for ***** sake, are you telling me there was no other team this bowl could have chosen?

And I said it earlier in the bowl thread, it has to be a bit ****** for the Memphis players doesn't it? Part of the bowl experience is getting to enjoy yourself a little bit in another town for a few days as a mini vacation.