***2023-24 College Football Thread***

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Duke needs to dig in here and finish this. This is the type of games the Clemson’s of the world still eke out of because the big underdog tends to tighten up. Getting a defensive stop on this series is of utmost importance. And if they don’t stop them they need to make Clemson take a long time to do it.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
This is why people say football is cyclical.

Clemson was a nothing, then got some great bag men, now that NIL is legal and their assistants have been poached they are back to clemsoning. Could soon be irrelevant in a couple years.
Helps when you have DeShaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence back to back. Those are two of the best college QBs in the past 15-20 years.

Cmonwhatarewedoinghereman

Jul 26, 2023

Clemson was a nothing, then got some great bag men, now that NIL is legal and their assistants have been poached they are back to clemsoning. Could soon be irrelevant in a couple years.
You are absolutely right about that. Clemson, bama, Michigan, Florida state, Miami, etc have all had relatively long times in the wilderness over the last 25 years. The talent of Clemson 5 years ago is going to other schools.

Duke to the big 12 has momentum? Just kidding.

If clemson struggles a bit it’ll be a lot easier for dabo to take over for saban in a couple years (most predictable thing ever). “Just need a fresh start….when my alma mater calls you come home…”

Reactions: FriendlySpartan

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Only probably 4-5 big ten football games that anyone that isn’t an alum/fan would remotely consider watchable. Unless you like chaos I guess.
I am not a hater like many on here. Former Northwestern season ticket holder, and I have been to games in all but @ Rutgers B1G stadiums. @ Nebraska was during the Big 8 days and @ Maryland was during the ACC days, but I have been. There was a time when I enjoyed the random B1G game on ESPN at Noon, but it has become so unwatchable lately. Watering down the product has not helped. The uneven divisons is also bad for the B1G. The CBS National Game with Northwestern @ Rutgers yesterday was super bad. The SEC NEVER had a dog like that on CBS when they were the #01 product on CBS. Quite frankly, CBS / NBC / Fox have paid way too much for their current inventory. Oh well. Preaching to the choir, I know.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Whoa. I didn't really think about that target not being a first down.

cyspy

Jul 24, 2011
KSU played southeast Missouri, the literal definition of a cupcake so no idea how that gets a solid.

Also TCU lost as a 21 point favorite to a team that had 1 win last year. I get the transfers but that is a horrific loss.
ISU defeated SEMO last season. SEMO did play in the FCS (1-AA) playoffs last year.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Something to ponder: could NIL+ transfer and play actually heavily affect the top-heaviness of college football to a more even playing field?