really strange/stupid ruling in kentucky vs. florida

hiwhatis

Mar 25, 2006
Ames, IA
i don't know if anyone else is watching the game but one of florida's starters accidentally stepped on a kentucky players arm while this player was laying on the floor in a dead ball situation. i don't have a rooting interest but it was obvious imo that it was accidental, but the player was ejected from the gave after getting a flagrant foul. the announcers explained that by rule that had to be called, but if so that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard. just think if that would happen to one of our players (brackins especially). i'd be outraged. what a stupid call.:no:

hiwhatis

Mar 25, 2006
Ames, IA
i personally am not a florida fan, but i'd love to see them win after that call. after an unbelievable shot by calathes i'd be surprised if they didn't. and an orange was just thrown on the court. weird weird game.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
i dont think it was "obviously accidental"... it wasnt nearly as bad as say when Chase Budinger got his face stepped on, but still i think he had the opportunity to stop and not step on him

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
i don't know if anyone else is watching the game but one of florida's starters accidentally stepped on a kentucky players arm while this player was laying on the floor in a dead ball situation. i don't have a rooting interest but it was obvious imo that it was accidental, but the player was ejected from the gave after getting a flagrant foul. the announcers explained that by rule that had to be called, but if so that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard. just think if that would happen to one of our players (brackins especially). i'd be outraged. what a stupid call.:no:
The announcer said it had to be called, if it was intentional or not. So you can't step on someones arm unintentionally during a dead ball?:skeptical:

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
He was looking right down at him it looked like, I think they called it just because of that Houston/Arizona game where the Houston player stepped on Budinger's head.

hawkeye_t

Apr 24, 2006
ID via PA via ME via IA
I was watching and am still not sure if he did it intentionally or not. Also, did it seem like the ref's did not really see the play live? I didn't know there was replay in college basketball other than slock/shot clock/three pointer. In my opinion you call it a foul, flagrant, whatever as you see it. Are ref's going to start reviewing contact in the post, etc?

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
He was looking right down at him it looked like, I think they called it just because of that Houston/Arizona game where the Houston player stepped on Budinger's head.

I thought that he was focused on his teammate who was down on the floor right next to the guy who got stepped on.