Pro fishing team caught cheating

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
Did they say why the fish was cut open in the first place? Like what tipped them initially?
The fish weighed about twice as much as what they should have based on size. The guy weighing them also felt hard spots in the fish.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
Remember, it’s not cheating to hold your fish up at arm’s length towards the camera. (Probably only fishermen will get this)
Fishyhands-2.jpg

Fish-fingers-1.jpg

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I mean, on some level I appreciate the absolute audacity of it. Like people who travel across the Midwest in fishing competitions can't look at a fish and say "there's no way that weighs that much."

Reactions: isutrevman

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Saw a couple of stories from local new outlets stating the Ohio DNR has confiscated their boat. I know some states such as Iowa the DNR has the right to confiscate equipment used in violating DNR laws.

That said, hardly a new concept. I've read multiple stories over the years that the world record smallmouth bass was filled with sinkers and other metal parts. Also, the record musky was supposedly caught in a spillway below a dam that was a no fishing zone.

A few years ago I was at a bait shop located on the water at Bull Shoals in Arkansas. There was a massive 8-10 lb bass lurking under the dock. The baits shop owner would throw it any minnows were close to dying in the minnow tank. One of the locals informed us he was 'grooming" that bass for an upcoming tournament.

Reactions: isutrevman

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
I’ve caught my share of nice fish & big bucks but it’s always amazed me the infatuation people have with catching or shooting the “Big One”. We live & farm in Big Buck country and every year some out of state hunters are nabbed by the DNR doing laughable things to score the legendary WallHanger. They lose guns, trucks, trailers along with massive fines.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I didnt know there was a law against "cheating" I would be curious to know how exactly that law is worded etc. For instance is it cheating in certain situations with a certain amount of winnings value etc.

I would have thought they would have been charged with some sort of fraud. Cheating makes sense, but I have never heard of it that way, I have always heard of some sort of fraud charges.

Help Support Us

Become a patron