• Yes

Votes: 111 89.5%
  • No - NIT baby!

Votes: 13 10.5%

• Total voters

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
17-14 and a 7 seed just seems crazy, but its what the smart bracketologists are saying.
It’s like last year. The committee will place us 2 seeds worse than we are projected. Would be interesting to compare last years resume to this years. Last year 7-11 in Big 12, this year 8-10. Last years non conference was far better with Creighton win on the road, and a blowout Iowa win. This years UNC win didn’t do much, and Villanova is terrible.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
It’s like last year. The committee will place us 2 seeds worse than we are projected. Would be interesting to compare last years resume to this years. Last year 7-11 in Big 12, this year 8-10. Last years non conference was far better with Creighton win on the road, and a blowout Iowa win. This years UNC win didn’t do much, and Villanova is terrible.
I think its a sypmtom of the Big 12 being a meatgrinder and highly respected, and college basketball as a whole being down. Otherwise most years we're praying we get in the play-in game.

SoleCyclone

Mar 26, 2022
For some reason people in the know have us in without question. However, going 3-10 to finish the season is bad and probably shouldn't be allowed. If I was a bubble team that got hot late in the year I'd be pissed

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
Would love to somehow get 1 more Quad 1 win on Saturday. I give us a 5% chance. Even though we're losing we've had a 2nd half lead in almost all 17 of our B12 games. Incredible.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
I think our only chance for possibly another win would be the Wed game in KC and it might be needed to get into the dance

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006
For some reason people in the know have us in without question. However, going 3-10 to finish the season is bad and probably shouldn't be allowed. If I was a bubble team that got hot late in the year I'd be pissed
I agree that recent games should probably be weighted a bit more, but to completely disregard the first half of the season seems like an odd thing to do. The team who got hot late in the year missed opportunities early in the season.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
We’ll be in the tourney no doubt but most teams in the dance don’t run the weave for 25 seconds without looking at the basket in a tight game

Reactions: BCClone

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
It’s a very real scenario that we play our first game in the tourney without having won a game in 30 days. Has that ever happened before?

You can have a good “body of work” but if there’s not a pulse on that body when it’s time to make selections, it will be a tough call.

Last edited:

SoleCyclone

Mar 26, 2022
I agree that recent games should probably be weighted a bit more, but to completely disregard the first half of the season seems like an odd thing to do. The team who got hot late in the year missed opportunities early in the season.
But that 1st half of the season includes wins against Villanova and UNC. Once thought of as great wins, now are teams looking like they may not even make the tournament.
I was once under the impression that we were a top 3 seed but that was when we were 14-3. 3-9 since then makes our 1st half of the season wins as fools gold. Caught Baylor and TCU at home shorthanded and a Gabe buzzer beater at TCU, we could easily be looking at a below .500 team.

• Winner
Reactions: cyclones7

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
But that 1st half of the season includes wins against Villanova and UNC. Once thought of as great wins, now are teams looking like they may not even make the tournament.
I was once under the impression that we were a top 3 seed but that was when we were 14-3. 3-9 since then makes our 1st half of the season wins as fools gold. Caught Baylor and TCU at home shorthanded and a Gabe buzzer beater at TCU, we could easily be looking at a below .500 team.
Yet, we're not. Wins against KU, Baylor and Texas count just the same as losses to OkSt, OU, and WVU.

Reactions: VeloClone

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006
I understand what you’re getting at but with that logic, is the team who’s hot now a bit of fools gold also (given poor early/mid season performance)? You can throw out the PK invitational for ISU, we still have quite a few very good wins early/mid season excluding Nova and UNC.

Reactions: VeloClone

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Would love to somehow get 1 more Quad 1 win on Saturday. I give us a 5% chance. Even though we're losing we've had a 2nd half lead in almost all 17 of our B12 games. Incredible.
Think that reaffirms what we're saying....team is playing hard on defense, staff getting the most out of them, but offensively challenged teams struggle to win close games when they continually have scoring droughts.
(also...Tre King needs to figure out how to play defense, he can do damage on the block and the boards next year. Has the body to muscle up in there, get fouled, seems to be solid free throw shooter. )