in need of parking help

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

johnwayne

Sep 2, 2012
ok. long story short. I was a member here, havent posted in a couple years. had to make a new profile.

Now for the question. My daughter is in all state band in hilton coliseum at 730 pm on Saturday Nov. 19. With the football game at six, and not having been on campus in 15 years, Im going to need some parking help. Any ideas on the best way to find my way through the mess thats going to be parking?

johnwayne

Sep 2, 2012
oh. and i already have a hotel, so thats not a problem. but it is 3 miles off campus, so theres that.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
ok. long story short. I was a member here, havent posted in a couple years. had to make a new profile.

Now for the question. My daughter is in all state band in hilton coliseum at 730 pm on Saturday Nov. 19. With the football game at six, and not having been on campus in 15 years, Im going to need some parking help. Any ideas on the best way to find my way through the mess thats going to be parking?
If you go early enough you can park at Lied and short walk down to Hilton

Reactions: wxman1

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
In past when there have been conflicts with football and all state they have used the MWL and Lied lots for All-State. If that’s too far as suggested you can buy a football parking pass for your desired lot.

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
Wouldn’t he just be able to find an open spot in any of the lots after kickoff at 6? The only thing I would avoid is getting there right around halftime.

Reactions: BigD

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
No, they have people at the entrances the whole game.
Which entrances, because that’s not been my experience the couple of times I’ve been late this year due to youth sports. I have a pass, but have been able to park about anywhere I want including the S lots.

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Congrats. My son is in the Band also. We have season tickets so we have a C4 pass. So good luck, no solutions but should be a great concert.

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
We got an email this morning from the Iowa All State Music Festival and all lots surrounding Hilton will be open at 6:05pm. Any open spots are first come first served for Concert Spectators.

• Informative
Reactions: Cycsk and wxman1

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
Anywhere on the road in the neighborhoods just west of Beach. $40 ticket if you end up on the wrong side of the rode but nice and close. Might need to get there a little early but I don't expect a huge crowd so there should be some spots.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
well too late...i found a friend of mine with season tickets wasnt going to the game. I paid for his spot. oh well.

Well then, it seems that you should show up a little early and get your money's worth for parking in a tailgate lot!

Reactions: Jnecker4cy