Well ... to the basement we go

Sep 10, 2013
Just like old times. Going to take a freaking miracle to salvage a decent season. Oh, but we beat Iowa. Hope I have egg on my face in a few weeks but this smells like "that" smell.
You won't; they're that bad. Campbell is the best thing to happen to Iowa State football, but there is better.

We're/they are not gonna win a big 12 game this year.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Yep...I said last week if we lose this one things will spiral in a hurry with the upcoming schedule. We just put up 11 points on the worst defense in the conference. ELEVEN points. Not a team left of the schedule that this type of play (which has been consistent through five games) can beat. Who would have thought that the two D1 schools in the state of Iowa would have two miserable offenses?
I predicted last week we’d lose our next four and was ridiculed.

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
Call me crazy, but I still think they beat Kansas State. So much parity in the Big 12 this season. Just never know from week to week.

There's parity, but I feel like it's more due to the top teams being much worse this year, and Kansas not being historically bad.

The worst team in the big 12 would win the big 10 west, but the best team would get stomped in the sec.

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
I agree. Even though it’s a night game, I think our home attendance may take a bit of a fall this season and the game will have a weird atmosphere to it, which is a perfect recipe for a blowout Kansas State win

K State with Martinez is playing like KU with Daniels, except with better players at literally every position.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
We truly have some of the worst fans in the conference. You guys are just insufferable. When they bounce back and win next week how many will show up in that post-game thread. Dekkers had a horrible game. O-Line didn’t pass block worth a crap. Two turnovers. 3 missed field goals and yet we were right there. Is Kansas a great team? No. But they will likely finish 7-5 or 8-4 and no one in this league is holding them below 225 yards and 14 points.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
We've beaten 0 good teams since 2020. We didn't beat anyone good in 2019 either. It really goes back to the Baylor or Drake game in 2018 where something happened and everything changed.

Beating the Fiesta Bowl winner and Top #10 Oklahoma State wasn’t a good team. Interesting definition of “good team.”

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Beating the Fiesta Bowl winner and Top #10 Oklahoma State wasn’t a good team. Interesting definition of “good team.”
My man scroll down like 3 posts.

Interesting nobody can name a 2nd one though. Maybe because we've plateaud hard and nobody wants to see that

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Dekker needs to learn to scramble and run. I feel like he has a lot of talent but doesn’t feel pressure well. Last year all he did was run now he barely ever does. He’s taken some big sacks.
He doesnt even seem like a good runner anymore either. Makes me wonder because Purdy from year 1 to 2 did fell off hard that way as well

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones12321

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron