Biggest NFL Busts Last 5-10 Years

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
What hyped players have been the biggest busts of the last 5-10 years?

Obviously it's early, but that's what makes the discussion so interesting.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
  • I probably would have put Tua and Lawrence on the "early but not looking good" list prior to this year but they've looked good.
  • Wentz had a ton of hype and other than his first year has looked like trash.
  • Fournette is still playing but doesn't feel like he's had nearly the career that was expected.
  • Rashaad Penny was 1st round but I don't think he's even over 1,000 career yards yet.
  • Justin Blackmon had an amazing rookie season in 2012 but after being suspended right after, I don't think he's played since.
  • Kevin White went 7th overall in 2015 and I don't think has a TD catch yet.
  • RG3 had an amazing rookie year but battled injuries and obviously flamed out thereafter.
  • Paxton Lynch - not much needed to be said.
  • Johnny Manziel probably tops the list by a mile.

Honorable mention - Urban Meyer.

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
  • I probably would have put Tua and Lawrence on the "early but not looking good" list prior to this year but they've looked good.
  • Fournette is still playing but doesn't feel like he's had nearly the career that was expected.
  • Rashaad Penny was 1st round but I don't think he's even over 1,000 career yards yet.
  • Justin Blackmon had an amazing rookie season in 2012 but after being suspended right after, I don't think he's played since.
  • RG3 had an amazing rookie year but battled injuries and obviously flamed out thereafter.
  • Dwayne Haskins - lol.

You just lol'd at a dead person.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
  • Dwayne Haskins - lol.

Harsh.

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
What hyped players have been the biggest busts of the last 5-10 years?

Obviously it's early, but that's what makes the discussion so interesting.
As a Rams fan since the 'Greatest Show on Turf' years...
Greg Robinson