Prediction for Baylor Kick Time

im4isu

Apr 11, 2007
New Haven
"God, I hate the 11:00 o'clock start times for home games, just hate them."

Yea, for me it like opening your first gift at Christmas and having it be socks or a book. Nice to get the present, but a letdown the rest of the day.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
"God, I hate the 11:00 o'clock start times for home games, just hate them."

Yea, for me it like opening your first gift at Christmas and having it be socks or a book. Nice to get the present, but a letdown the rest of the day.
If you live in Ames or somewhere close, it might not be too bad, but for those of us that travel a couple of hours or more, it makes going to the game and tailgating a giant pain in the butt. Wife is pissed because we are leaving home between 4 and 5 in the morning. Get to the stadium by 7:00 or a little after and it's still cool outside with dew still on the ground.

Only good thing is getting home at a decent time, but that rarely occurs as the wife wants to spend time with the grandkids after the game, and then taking them out to eat.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
If you live in Ames or somewhere close, it might not be too bad, but for those of us that travel a couple of hours or more, it makes going to the game and tailgating a giant pain in the butt. Wife is pissed because we are leaving home between 4 and 5 in the morning. Get to the stadium by 7:00 or a little after and it's still cool outside with dew still on the ground.
THIS TIMES A BILLION

GF is a late riser, dog needs insulin at 630am... just no way we are gonna get there before 900, leaving zero time to actually tailgate. Plus its just not as fun getting a good buzz on at 9am. 11am kicks suck donkey.

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
(Ducks)

I love 11AM kicks when I can't go to the games (and I'll be in the field for this one). Start the day with the Super C Saturday AM Polka Party and a large mug of coffee and slide into the pre-game show around 10AM. When we win, the rest of the day is just fun listening to every other game around the country.

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
I love 11 AM game times. Back when I was able to have season tickets till now where its more limited appearances at JTS but I always loved the early afternoons. Of course I typically wake up around 3-4 AM anyways and I am super weird but I like the dew and coolness of the early morning in a parking lot. Maybe as I get older that will change lol but for now, its still cool.

Of course I love night games as well. In general, I guess, LOL, since it's essentially always been me and cousins / uncles /grandpa or now some friends and no little kids or wife - it really makes me no difference. I'll get my 5 hours of sleep from 10-3 or maybe 4 get the doggo insulated and hit the road.

Tail gating and overall game day experience I guess I enjoy enough that I don't care if its 11, 2, or 6:30. I'm just a sucker for the atmosphere and experience. but again when its just me, myself and I, that makes it a lot easier to be flexible

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
As long as the money keeps coming in, they can play at 4 am for all I care

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I love it when the road team has to play at 11. Think that benefits us. And no way will that be on espnu. This could be two ranked teams at the time of the game.
Completely disagree. Ask any road coach, they'd play every road game at 11:00. Get up, get into routine and play. No sitting around in the hotel all day.

• Agree
Reactions: BigJCy

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
The b*tch of it for me is that my kids have stuff Saturday AMs in the fall. I will be hauling ass with everything in me to barely get to the jack by 1 this weekend. 11AM is a no go for people like me in this spot until late October games when flag football, soccer, etc. wind down.

TL;DR: don’t have kids. :chris:

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
The b*tch of it for me is that my kids have stuff Saturday AMs in the fall. I will be hauling ass with everything in me to barely get to the jack by 1 this weekend. 11AM is a no go for people like me in this spot until late October games when flag football, soccer, etc. wind down.

TL;DR: don’t have kids. :chris:
I admire you guys that still get season tix while you have kids in activities. I've given up long ago, and get single games here and there. In 5 years when my kids are all out of the house that will change. Even in MS and HS there's enough Saturday stuff to make it tough.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I admire you guys that still get season tix while you have kids in activities. I've given up long ago, and get single games here and there. In 5 years when my kids are all out of the house that will change. Even in MS and HS there's enough Saturday stuff to make it tough.
I changed my parking during that. I used to be A2 but had so many buttheads that would yell at me to get there earlier because they didn't want to move out of the way. Even ran over a cornhole board by accident one time due to them not even willing to move it a foot. We do have some tailgaiting aholes at ISU and back 10 -15 years ago many were in A2

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Long boring story but I actually don't have season tickets but have access to them when I want from a crew we tailgate with.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I love it when the road team has to play at 11. Think that benefits us. And no way will that be on espnu. This could be two ranked teams at the time of the game.
I know that our staff prefers 11 am kicks for road games

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Completely disagree. Ask any road coach, they'd play every road game at 11:00. Get up, get into routine and play. No sitting around in the hotel all day.

Almost every home coach will say the same thing. Oh, they'll say nice things about a home night game (environment, crowd, atmosphere), but they all want to play as early as possible.

• Winner
Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

chili

Jan 26, 2015
Iowa
Hate, Hate, Hate 11AM games for the simple reason that tailgating is substantially cut short. Lots open at 5AM, so have to be in line by 4:00 AM to get our normal spot, and then all of our sane friends will not show up till 9:00-10, so makes for a very small tame group. Really only get 1 good hour of tailgating then its over.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron