Sonya Heitshusen was forced out at Ch 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

volclone

Apr 11, 2006
How do you fire anyone if you can't make how much money they make part of the decision? This is getting out of control. Pretty soon you can only fire the 54 year old white guy. And if that's the only guy you can fire than you can't run a business.

You know how many people most companies have in HR = ZERO. Because they are small business's. These laws only help the huge conglomerates and that's why they help push the laws.
First, you can fire someone based purely on salary/comp. Where companies get in trouble is many times (not all times) higher levels of compensation are reached based on achievements/performance--and these typically build with the number of years an employee is with the firm (again, not always). When they decide to fire higher compensated employees, those employees are often older (again, not always). So the question becomes did you fire them because of their age? BTW Lawyers have a field day with this one. As I said previously, that's why companies have you sign a release in exchange for receiving your severance. They know they are on shaky legal ground.

But what kind of company is it that whacks people when they reach a certain income??? They're sending the message that there is no long-term here, don't bother to develop your skills further, don't bust your ass--because it will just lead to promotions and raises that will eventually end your career.

BTW--I've worked for Fortune 100 companies and a company as small as 20 people....they all had an HR person/department.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
First, you can fire someone based purely on salary/comp. Where companies get in trouble is many times (not all times) higher levels of compensation are reached based on achievements/performance--and these typically build with the number of years an employee is with the firm (again, not always). When they decide to fire higher compensated employees, those employees are often older (again, not always). So the question becomes did you fire them because of their age? BTW Lawyers have a field day with this one. As I said previously, that's why companies have you sign a release in exchange for receiving your severance. They know they are on shaky legal ground.

But what kind of company is it that whacks people when they reach a certain income??? They're sending the message that there is no long-term here, don't bother to develop your skills further, don't bust your ass--because it will just lead to promotions and raises that will eventually end your career.

BTW--I've worked for Fortune 100 companies and a company as small as 20 people....they all had an HR person/department.

None of these laws should exist. The mere fact that there is a "fine line" tells you the law is full of crap and just asking for high priced lawyers to argue forever while extracting exorbitant fees.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
None of these laws should exist. The mere fact that there is a "fine line" tells you the law is full of crap and just asking for high priced lawyers to argue forever while extracting exorbitant fees.
Tell me your thoughts on about other laws with "fine lines".

Maybe something with a cutoff point between legal and illegal.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I'm a supporter of Sonya, but she's not making it easy. Keeping a loaded hand gun in the house with no safety doesn't seem like very good judgement.

She's been in the news for a DUI, suing her former employer for age discrimination, and now reckless discharge of a firearm. She could use some good PR.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
I'm a supporter of Sonya, but she's not making it easy. Keeping a loaded hand gun in the house with no safety doesn't seem like very good judgement.

She's been in the news for a DUI, suing her former employer for age discrimination, and now reckless discharge of a firearm. She could use some good PR.
Glocks don’t have a manual safety. Not sure what the true details of this incident are but I know the truth isn’t going to actually matter to people.

• Agree
Reactions: Yaz and TXCyclones

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines

Her reasoning for having a gun doesn't surprise me at all with how crazy this country has become the last 5 years, but agree, probably not a good look for her.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Sounds like alcohol was also involved. She clearly has an issue with booze.

• Winner
Reactions: Gunnerclone

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006

You can’t really hold the lawsuit thing against her.

Status
Not open for further replies.