Pitch an idea to new B12 Commish ITT

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I’ll start.
We will already have unbalanced bball schedules. I propose a Big 12 conference kickoff tournament with the top 4 finishers from the previous year. Winner plays winner, loser plays loser. Location would move every year (Denver, Chicago, Nashville, Dallas, etc.)

Reactions: Cloneon

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Central Iowa
Go to 16 teams so we can have 4 pods.
Probably 3 Mt West schools and 1 easter school (e.g. Memphis or USF or Temple or UAB or East Carolina plus AZ schools, and Colorado).
Football stays at 9 conference games (3 pod games and 2 each from other 3 pods).
Get creative with having 3 time zones (e.g. back to back Thursday or Friday night games).
Do cross-conference basketball games by pod (e.g. eastern pod plays SEC; western pod plays PAC 12).
Do more things in major metros (e.g. Denver, KC, DFW, Houston, etc.) for things like basketball.

-AZ, AZ St, BYU, Colorado
-ISU, KSU, KU, OSU
-Tech, BU, TCU, UH
-Memphis (or other), Cincy, WVU, and UCF

Reactions: agentbear

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
That’s fun. But no chance in hell that ever happens. The other schools collectively would never all agree.

Why not? It’s a high profile resume building game at a neutral site? Add in the shared history and it makes a ton of sense. All 8 schools can split the revenue from it.

City of KC should be pounding on doors for this to happen

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Why not? It’s a high profile resume building game at a neutral site? Add in the shared history and it makes a ton of sense. All 8 schools can split the revenue from it.

City of KC should be pounding on doors for this to happen
I completely agree with that and hope it happens. I just don’t see those 4 other schools ever agreeing to it. Egos, etc. are too big to overcome. Nebby, for example, isn’t going to sign up to get their ass beat by teams they think they are way better than.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
I completely agree with that and hope it happens. I just don’t see those 4 other schools ever agreeing to it. Egos, etc. are too big to overcome. Nebby, for example, isn’t going to sign up to get their ass beat by teams they think they are way better than.

You can tailor the matchups. Say Nebraska gets KSU this year as they both are down. The Border War and Bedlam would be the biggest issues IMO. Schools are going to want those games on campus