Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Luka pretty much only played in garbage time like he got dnp in like 9 out of 10 of their last games. I saw him play the hornets in a 45 point blowout. Everyone on the floor but him was dogging it. If he can't play meaningful minutes for the pistons I'm not seeing much future

• Haha
Reactions: Acylum

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Luka pretty much only played in garbage time like he got dnp in like 9 out of 10 of their last games. I saw him play the hornets in a 45 point blowout. Everyone on the floor but him was dogging it. If he can't play meaningful minutes for the pistons I'm not seeing much future
Right. They are a bottom 3 or 4 franchise in the league currently, although not historically. They will want to be back to relevance soon and Luka might run out of time if he can't get consistent minutes this year.

All things considered, maybe he can do it. Georges and Monte didn't play a ton in their first seasons, and they were able to carve out roles in year 2. Won't rule it out for Luka, but I sure as heck won’t believe it until it happens

• Agree
Reactions: 1776

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Right. They are a bottom 3 or 4 franchise in the league currently, although not historically. They will want to be back to relevance soon and Luka might run out of time if he can't get consistent minutes this year.

All things considered, maybe he can do it. Georges and Monte didn't play a ton in their first seasons, and they were able to carve out roles in year 2. Won't rule it out for Luka, but I sure as heck won’t believe it until it happens

Sometimes also just takes some luck too. Monte got to play a ton with a guy ahead of him out with an injury...was able to carve himself a role and get a footing in the league.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The biggest ball washer of them all always makes me laugh all the time!! He probably knows what the length of his wee wee is to.

View attachment 100143
I have a feeling that's where Iowa is heading for their lineup next year with how much publicity Payton has received lately.. A 6'8" Payton playing the 2 would bring some horrendous defense to the table.

Also, why is this guy acting like Pryce isn't a sure thing to go to Iowa? It's inevitable lol.

Reactions: cycloner29

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
He kind of runs like me before osteo bi-flex. That might help him if he was 61.
sloth-walking.gif

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I have a feeling that's where Iowa is heading for their lineup next year with how much publicity Payton has received lately.. A 6'8" Payton playing the 2 would bring some horrendous defense to the table.

Also, why is this guy acting like Pryce isn't a sure thing to go to Iowa? It's inevitable lol.
That lineup is screwed defensively no matter what position Payton plays. Patrick isn't a good defender either, nor is he really a good shooter. The coach speak must be really strong about Payton, as Rothstein tweeted a blurb about him recently as well that I linked a page or 2 back.

And as far as Pryce goes, it appears Clemson will be a player for him, but it's probably just for appearances. I'm guessing he wants to play with big bro and for the team he grew up loving. Clemson ought to realize this and just move on.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Will the Hawks be running this lineup at the start of the upcoming season?

Connie Mac
Perkins
Sandfort
Patty Mac
Kris

If so I am sure there will be nights where they can just outscore the opponent, as is Frans preference, but that is a far cry from what they've had the last few years. Cold shooting nights will spell doom, because that lineup won't be able to guard anyone.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Connie Mac
Perkins
Sandfort
Patty Mac
Kris

If so I am sure there will be nights where they can just outscore the opponent, as is Frans preference, but that is a far cry from what they've had the last few years. Cold shooting nights will spell doom, because that lineup won't be able to guard anyone.

I don't see anyone in that lineup that has the ability to create off the bounce and get to the rim with any kind of consistency.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Connie Mac
Perkins
Sandfort
Patty Mac
Kris

Isn't that Iowa's M.O. for the past several seasons?

If they get guarded or have to guard, it gets bad quick.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
But weren't they in the same boat of having a tough time if the opponent made them work?
Oh for sure. It'll be interesting to see who steps up next year for them. Obviously you have Kris sitting in the waiting and I'd reckon he'll be an 18 ppg guy but they're going to need a ton of help elsewhere and I don't see Kris being as dominant as Keegan was.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
I don't see anyone in that lineup that has the ability to create off the bounce and get to the rim with any kind of consistency.
Perkins showed the ability to get to the rim once he got inserted into the starting lineup. Patrick’s game is highly unorthodox but he gets to the rim. It’ll be the same issues though. They’ll score plenty but probably won’t play much defense.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021

Connie Mac
Perkins
Sandfort
Patty Mac
Kris

Bowen will be the starting PG. Conner will be the second guy off the bench.

Bowen
Perkins
PMac
Kris
Rebraca/Mulvey

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

Training regimen sure is... something. Not sure if it will make him quicker, faster, jump higher, learn how to play defense, etc, but can't knock him for trying. Dad still has him jacking 38' 3's though I see

This video caused me to actually laugh out loud. This looks like me running out of ideas at the end of my 8 year old son's basketball practice.

Watched alot of basketball and had never seen the sit-in-the-chair-while-I-do-some-sick-moves-then-pass-it-to-you drill.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron