MLB: ***2024 Minnesota Twins***

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Headed to game today. Duran didn’t pitch yesterday and is available and you know who is starting. Glad I’m gonna see a win boys!!

joe-ryan-twins.gif

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
You really have to see Buxtons speed and Durans fb (and then the change to his off speed and see the difference) to appreciate how other worldly both are. That triple didn’t even touch the wall and he had no issue getting to 3rd.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
You really have to see Buxtons speed and Durans fb (and then the change to his off speed and see the difference) to appreciate how other worldly both are. That triple didn’t even touch the wall and he had no issue getting to 3rd.
Glad you got to see a great game. Nice weather, Rocco played both Correa and Buxton, usual leadoff Arraez, and the correct usage of Duran. And a star in the making in Kirilloff at first. Add in the pleasant Duffey surprise and it all added up to a nice W for your man Ryan.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Absolutely would sign up for 3 of 5 against Cleveland this week

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Glad you got to see a great game. Nice weather, Rocco played both Correa and Buxton, usual leadoff Arraez, and the correct usage of Duran. And a star in the making in Kirilloff at first. Add in the pleasant Duffey surprise and it all added up to a nice W for your man Ryan.
Joe had problems locating. He’ll find it. It looked to me like he was just missing. Sign of progress when your best stuff isn’t there and you can still work though 5.

Duffey got a DP to wriggle out of that inning. Everyone was saying in my section, “well, gonna need some more runs to win this game” when they brought him in.

Arraez is on a cheat code at the plate. It’s unbelievable.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Wes Johnson is headed to LSU to be their new pitching coach. Must miss the college game. Seems weird he'd leave a first-place MLB team in the middle of the season. Sounds like he's doubling his salary.
Wtf?

Not that I love WJ but that’s not something that seems ideal to handle mid season like that in the middle of a pennant race.

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
Made it to Saturday's game. Weird 1- hitter by the Twins staff. Didn't even realize it until we were waking out.

Buxton's triple was great. Sad it wasn't closer to get to see Duran.

Reactions: mj4cy

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Joe had problems locating. He’ll find it. It looked to me like he was just missing. Sign of progress when your best stuff isn’t there and you can still work though 5.

Duffey got a DP to wriggle out of that inning. Everyone was saying in my section, “well, gonna need some more runs to win this game” when they brought him in.

Arraez is on a cheat code at the plate. It’s unbelievable.
If Duffey can get his confidence back, it would be huge for the second half. We'll see.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Wes Johnson is headed to LSU to be their new pitching coach. Must miss the college game. Seems weird he'd leave a first-place MLB team in the middle of the season. Sounds like he's doubling his salary.
I'm really not sure what the impact will be. Sucks to abandon the team, but a salary jump 350K to 750K might be hard to turn down. College and MLB seasons don't really track together as college play just ended and fall camps will be starting soon.

Johnson's track record with the Twins is a mixed bag. Some of the staff stat numbers and individual velocities have improved. The downside is a lack of consistency and an injury rate that is one of the worst in MLB.

It's interesting to read that Johnson pointed out that pitching development in college is light years ahead of the pro game - very different compared to other professional sports. He was a pioneer at the MLB level by bringing tools such as Trackman and biomechanics to the pro game. It will be interesting to see if the Twins go back to a "baseball guy" or stay with an "analytical guy" to fill the permanent position.

Tpups21

Apr 11, 2006
West Des Moines, IA
I'm really not sure what the impact will be. Sucks to abandon the team, but a salary jump 350K to 750K might be hard to turn down. College and MLB seasons don't really track together as college play just ended and fall camps will be starting soon.

Johnson's track record with the Twins is a mixed bag. Some of the staff stat numbers and individual velocities have improved. The downside is a lack of consistency and an injury rate that is one of the worst in MLB.

It's interesting to read that Johnson pointed out that pitching development in college is light years ahead of the pro game - very different compared to other professional sports. He was a pioneer at the MLB level by bringing tools such as Trackman and biomechanics to the pro game. It will be interesting to see if the Twins go back to a "baseball guy" or stay with an "analytical guy" to fill the permanent position.
I think Wes is a good pitching coach. At the same time, I’m not really sure how much of an impact him leaving right now will have.

Last edited:

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I think Wes is a good pitching coach. At the same time, I’m not really sure how much of an impact him leaving right now will have.
Hopefully the culture amongst the staff is as strong as it appears to be amongst position players to help absorb it.

• Agree
Reactions: Tpups21

OKClones

Dec 12, 2019
Seriously Pagan! Why is that guy getting any meaningful innings. This Twins bullpen is going to be the thorn in this teams side. Duran is the only keeper!

• Angry
  • Agree
Reactions: JM4CY and Jables22

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Seriously Pagan! Why is that guy getting any meaningful innings. This Twins bullpen is going to be the thorn in this teams side. Duran is the only keeper!
The hell of it is, Rocco has no other options. They all suck.

• Agree
Reactions: Tpups21

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron