Iowa Football Recruiting

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Sure does seem like a stupid thing to lie about considering it would be incredibly easy to corroborate.
I mean he lied at the very beginning of all this saying he’d not once heard of any racial issues and then like 2 days later it came out that there was already a group formed and he’d been talked to numerous times by players saying they were being treated poorly.

The dude has lied almost every step of the way lol. It just doesn’t matter because the school nor the majority of local press cares about that as long as they keep winning.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
I have maintained since that June that I do not think Kirk Ferentz is in any way a racist, but are we at least at the point where even the Iowa fans admit that he is a pretty consistent liar? Because how many times does he have to get called out for saying things that end up being false before they stop doing wild mental gymnastics to defend “what he really meant” when he says false statements?

CyFanInChiLand

Jul 14, 2009
New Orleans
So what’s Saban telling the other 6 top 25 rated OTs that visited?

He’s not putting anyone on the back burner for 6 months. But he might do it for a few weeks. I just find it funny that Saban is obviously slow playing tons of blue chip players, but there’s no possible way in hell he could ever do that to the Iowa kid.
Its getting quite funny, the nuggets out there is that Bama offered KP a seven figure NIL deal and Iowa is trying to match that and you are trying to convince everyone his offer isnt even one that he can take.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyclones1969

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Its getting quite funny, the nuggets out there is that Bama offered KP a seven figure NIL deal and Iowa is trying to match that and you are trying to convince everyone his offer isnt even one that he can take.
How would an out of state Iowa State fan have any information on a player that is not considering Iowa State?

• Dumb
Reactions: criticalobserver

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Does Iowa even have an up and running NIL group?

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
C08C8005-6971-4049-9887-2028F2A1F119.jpeg

You can’t trust ISU’s evaluations because they didn’t offer a rotational DL who gets like 10 tackles a season and another guy who has accomplished about as close as you can get to nothing. These guys are losing their minds.

Last edited:

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
The last heralded top rated 5* Iowa HS OL who chose sui was a bust. This one at least looks better.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
All this football talk has me super excited for the season. Here are my pre-season predictions (that no one asked for)

Iowa State : 8-4
Wins = SEMO, Ohio, KU, KSU, OU, WVU, TTU, TCU
Losses = Iowa, BU, Texas, OSU

Iowa : 8-4
Wins = SDSU, ISU, Nevada, Rutgers, Illinois, Northwestern, Minnesota, Nebraska
Losses = Michigan, OSU, Purdue, Wisconsin

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
All this football talk has me super excited for the season. Here are my pre-season predictions (that no one asked for)

I have us losing to OU.

I think Iowa loses at Rutgers but then avenges and beats M at home.

Reactions: Statefan10

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

ISU. I agree but would put OU and Iowa as 50/50 shots. While I dont think there isn’t a game we can’t win, we also keep them tight so there are a few games we could slip up on.

Reactions: Statefan10

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
ISU. I agree but would put OU and Iowa as 50/50 shots. While I dont think there isn’t a game we can’t win, we also keep them tight so there are a few games we could slip up on.
Honestly, KU was playing decent ball (for them) at the end of last year. Won at UT, then lost by 3 at TCU, then lost by 6 vs WV.

They do return a lot of starters.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Honestly, KU was playing decent ball (for them) at the end of last year. Won at UT, then lost by 3 at TCU, then lost by 6 vs WV.

They do return a lot of starters.
I have too much faith in our defense. I think we'll route em.