Adrian Martinez (former Nebraska QB) transferring to K-State

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Someone's trying really hard to get us to buy K-State being anything other than average to below average.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
AMart was recovering from shoulder surgery, thus he didn't throw this spring. He's chucking it now though and according to his receivers very well. His issues in the past have been mental (QB IQ) or perhaps it was scheme. We'll see this fall whether playing for Klieman and Klein makes a difference. He won't lack for supporting talent.

LMAO you said it not me...

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
The same shoulder that was injured and caused him to miss his senior year in high school. He ended up at Nebraska because most other programs that were looking at him didn't want damaged goods. The result is that he has a weird throwing motion and lacks touch on his throws - especially in the flats and short game. I have my doubts that 4 years of getting hit plus another injury and surgery is going to magically fix things.

I don't know dude, you ever heard of Henry Rowengartner?

Reactions: GetAwesome

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Only K-State fans would be able to convince themselves the missing piece this whole time was Adrian Martinez
K-state has been giving ISU fits for years with their offensive, Martinez is a running QB, just like they like, and can scramble. At Nebraska they wanted him to run RPO, that is not what KST runs, theirs is more of a QB draw run play, that ISU ran with Lanning. They return one of the best backs in the conference.
They very well could be for real this year.

• Winner
Reactions: cyputz and surly

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
K-state has been giving ISU fits for years with their offensive, Martinez is a running QB, just like they like, and can scramble. At Nebraska they wanted him to run RPO, that is not what KST runs, theirs is more of a QB draw run play, that ISU ran with Lanning. They return one of the best backs in the conference.
They very well could be for real this year.
They plan on running an uptempo offense with a QB that can't throw the ball to save his life in a conference stacked with teams that are defensive-minded who thrive on forcing teams into 3 and outs. I don't think an uptempo offense in this conference works anymore unless you like 3 and outs in under a minute.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
They plan on running an uptempo offense with a QB that can't throw the ball to save his life in a conference stacked with teams that are defensive-minded who thrive on forcing teams into 3 and outs. I don't think an uptempo offense in this conference works anymore unless you like 3 and outs in under a minute.
Saying he can't throw to save his life is just a tad hyperbolic.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: cyputz and surly

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
KSU was dead last in plays per game last year, they are not going full upscale, but they do want to run more offensive plays than they have in the past. So they are just trying to do what every other team is doing.

The offense is going to stay multiple under Klein but intends to be more aggressive with Nebraska transfer quarterback Adrian Martinez leading more no-huddle tempo in the right situations. Last season Kansas State ranked dead last in the FBS in offensive plays per game at 57.5. But Klieman isn’t trying to average 75, either. “We’re not gonna be a super fast operation, but we have to be able to dictate tempo and try to create a little bit more rhythm and get over 65 snaps a game,”

Here is a link to their write up in the Athletic

• Winner
Reactions: surly

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It's nice to see some rational posts here. Those triggered by K-State hype need to relax. We saw what happened last year. Goodness.
No one is triggered by the few columnists who believe if everything goes right for K-State they could contend for the title. Majority of predictions have Kansas State winning 5.5-6.5 games. I think they’ll get 7.

Reactions: VeloClone

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
No one is triggered by the few columnists who believe if everything goes right for K-State they could contend for the title. Majority of predictions have Kansas State winning 5.5-6.5 games. I think they’ll get 7.
K-State won 8 last year. I can't see them winning less this time around. This is the year for coach Klieman - his recruits, his program. He'll either prove his mettle or eyebrows will be up on his stay in Manhattan. Very much like CMC last season; that's been my position all along.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
K-State won 8 last year. I can't see them winning less this time around. This is the year for coach Klieman - his recruits, his program. He'll either prove his mettle or eyebrows will be up on his stay in Manhattan. Very much like CMC last season; that's been my position all along.
K-States best win was against a 6-7 WV team... They tallied three wins against terrible teams in the non con and beat up the bottom of the Big 12. Congrats?

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
They start the non-conference with 3 home games, Mizzou being the only team that could beat them, but S. Dakota is possible, but look at their conference road schedule, @ OU, ISU, WV, TCU and Baylor, they will be lucky to win one of those games on the road. So they are going to have to beat an improved UT team or OSU to get to 8 wins. Really can't see it, but if they can start 3-0, steal a road game at ISU or WV, beat TT and KU at home, that still only gets them to 7 wins. It hard to say that KSU is going to win 2 or 3 games at ISU, WV or TCU.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So you’re saying last season should raise some eyebrows in regards to Matt Campbell?

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
That's all you have?
Well, I believe K-State will win 3 OOC games, beat up the B12 bottom half, and upset someone ahead of them. I just don't know how good or bad some of the conference teams will be.

I suspect TCU and TxT will not improve much due to coaching changes. OU is in transition and ripe for picking. Texas is always overrated and coming to Manhattan. ISU and WVU probably think they're in the hunt, but are they? Baylor and oSu would clearly be upsets should the Cats win.

But due to all the movement of coaches and players, it's really hard to pick who might be good, and not. And that includes K-State. The league is wide open.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron