Hy-Vee vs Fareway - Sunday Commercials

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I was talking more about huge for the footprint and infrastructure Kroger would be acquiring. Keep the HyVee name/label, but acquire their footprint, customer base, distribution centers, etc.
Kroger owns the Bakers in Omaha, correct?

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Rumor around HyVee corporate and IGIA is that HyVee is being bought out by Kroger

Makes sense, get your balance sheets to look really good to drive up the price. And then HyVee takes all the bad press and Kroger can come in and "save the company."

Reactions: GMackey32

Mads4st8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 17, 2021
Makes sense, get your balance sheets to look really good to drive up the price. And then HyVee takes all the bad press and Kroger can come in and "save the company."
Makes no sense. If Kroger acquired Hy-Vee, the store name and associated brand would stay. No advantage to ruining the brand.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Makes no sense. If Kroger acquired Hy-Vee, the store name and associated brand would stay. No advantage to ruining the brand.
I think the CEO is just terrible at sound bites. The balance-sheet decisions make sense. Wanting to avoid layoffs makes sense. Publicly crapping on your employees? 2 out 3 ain’t bad, I suppose.

Who profits from a sale? Store manages, board, and CEO?

CyPhallus

Oct 19, 2021
Just a quick glance at numbers and Kroger is roughly 10x bigger than HyVee. All of corporate in Des Moines would be rolled into Kroger's own HQ. If this is actually more than just a rumor you can blame it 100% on all of management's dumb*** ideas over the past 10 years. If they kept doing what they did well instead constantly doing expensive stuff that almost always flopped, they would have been on track to being a major player in the nationwide grocery industry.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Shopped at Kroger’s in mid to late ‘80’s when I lived further east. They were not as nice as Hy-Vee of the 1980’s but a better grocery than Hy-Vee is now. Not sure if current Kroger’s has soap bombs, sporting goods, shoes, medical clinics, and Marky Mark or just groceries.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron