2022 Recruiting/Transfer Class

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
Ken Miller said the person who told him about AJ coming to ISU basically doubled down on the info that he is headed to ISU and not to believe the Register comment. So, do with that what you will.
So somebody's source is lying to them as Bain' comment seemed as if it was fact.
Bet that never ever happens. ;) kidding of course

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
But there's so many variables, besides winning in the big dance. Blue blood dreams, former relationships w/coaches, location, style, and probably ten more categories you could think of. Still a tough sell. But we do have the WATER! ;)
I forgot about that good Ames water!

And for those that don't know, nothing wrong with Ames water at all. I think it is an inside joke.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
So somebody's source is lying to them as Bain' comment seemed as if it was fact.
Bet that never ever happens. ;) kidding of course

I didn't read Bain's comment as being source based - it read more that he was speculating based on knowing the people (that AJ needs to play PG to show he can at the next level)

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
It looks like Eli King came up a little short on Mr Basketball up north. It's too bad but I'm sure the other kid getting a title looked good for the award.

There's no way to know how much losing a year with the knee injury set him back but it sounds like he is definitely 100% and I think his best days are ahead of him. Great things lie ahead.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I mean - his choice is
A) try to win the Valley again and maybe get a 14 seed in the tourney
B) Go make money overseas
C) Play for his dad one more season and have a chance at a Big XII title / Final Four run
Not goals -> the ceiling. Do you disagree with that being the ceiling next year?
I know a week old but maybe pump the brakes just a little here. Sure it's nice to think about a high ceiling. It's another thing saying it realistically might happen. It's great but not something you mention unless you are much closer to being there than we are.

Maybe keep that on the down-low until it happens. If it does, hell of a nice surprise.
Damn. Goals already getting lofty for next season...

• Dislike
Reactions: bawbie

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I know a week old but maybe pump the brakes just a little here. Sure it's nice to think about a high ceiling. It's another thing saying it realistically might happen. It's great but not something you mention unless you are much closer to being there than we are.

Maybe keep that on the down-low until it happens. If it does, hell of a nice surprise.
Okay then. Glad you put me in my place. I’ll keep optimism to myself from now on. Thanks

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Okay then. Glad you put me in my place. I’ll keep optimism to myself from now on. Thanks
Sorry. Nothing personal. Just my observation. I guess I don't need to voice my opinions on mundane matters. No biggie.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010

Since you're open to adjudicating others rationale on fandom- I don't understand this.

It's nearly April- this is the time for high ceiling talk. And before you go into what's realistic and tapping the brakes- show me your projections for a Sweet 16 for 2021-22 last March 30th.

I mean are you being serious, "it's great but not something you mention"...on a f****** message board in the preceding spring? Dude, live a little.

And why should it not be talked about, particularly when that poster made the post? It was still possible IB could come back and no starters lost from a team with top-5 defense that made the Sweet 16 in Year 1 with 10 scholarship players.

We're close. One added player can make a huge difference in basketball. We add King. Maybe we add another, like AJ Green, who's dad could easily get a raise greater than what AJ would make in Europe. Maybe someone else looking to be our scorer in the front court. Or maybe just incremental improvement by guys like Hunter, Grill, Kunc, Enaruna, plus adding three freshmen and King. Maybe all of that.

Try being a fan. You may like it.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Ok let's talk about winning the Big 12, then being in the Final 4 next year. My mistake. I don't know where my fandom went.

I don't recall calling out anyone's fandom or using the f-word to criticize a fellow fan. I do find it interesting that certain people will so quickly say the sky is falling when we have a bad FB or BB game or two. Then those same people expect us to win championships right away when we have a good game or two.

In this case we had a very good season. I can remember many on here again questioning whether we made the right choice in BB coaches, during our most recent end of the season losing streak. Hot and cold. It is what some of you people do.

Carry on.

DrClone

Jun 13, 2009
Ben Carlson (Wisconsin) is in the portal. We recruited him out of high school. Good height, scorer, rebounder in high school. Would he be a take?

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Ok let's talk about winning the Big 12, then being in the Final 4 next year. My mistake. I don't know where my fandom went.

I don't recall calling out anyone's fandom or using the f-word to criticize a fellow fan. I do find it interesting that certain people will so quickly say the sky is falling when we have a bad FB or BB game or two. Then those same people expect us to win championships right away when we have a good game or two.

In this case we had a very good season. I can remember many on here again questioning whether we made the right choice in BB coaches, during our most recent end of the season losing streak. Hot and cold. It is what some of you people do.

Carry on.
It's a message board, are you aware?
It is completely to appropriate to talk about ceilings. And you don't need to win the Big 12 to be a FF level team, and certainly to have it be a ceiling. LOL, "those same people". It wasn't a good game or two- it was a season with a top-5 defense. You're close when you have that.

How many guys do you think needed to be added and which ones for the ceiling to be FF level?