2022 Recruiting/Transfer Class

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
If IB comes back and with Tyrese emerging into an absolute star really surprised AJ Green wouldnt want to come make a run in his final year with his Dad. That would be one of if not the best backcourt in the country.
Couldn't just enjoy the moment could you?

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
If IB comes back and with Tyrese emerging into an absolute star really surprised AJ Green wouldnt want to come make a run in his final year with his Dad. That would be one of if not the best backcourt in the country.
As much as I'd love it, I just don't see IB coming back at all. He's already been at 3 schools, 5th year player, stock is probably as high as its going to get. I would be shocked (pleasantly) if he did.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
One of those Davidson bigs could play for us. We all want it to be like a buffet and just pick what you want, but unfortunately not that easy.

Reactions: isutrevman

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I don’t see how we don’t bring in a top 10 transfer after the Brockington showcase and young Hunter showing he’s gonna be a star.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I don’t see how we don’t bring in a top 10 transfer after the Brockington showcase and young Hunter showing he’s gonna be a star.
But there's so many variables, besides winning in the big dance. Blue blood dreams, former relationships w/coaches, location, style, and probably ten more categories you could think of. Still a tough sell. But we do have the WATER! ;)

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
We were literally one of 32 teams to win this weekend and we aren’t the only team who has a transfer thriving on his new team. I get what you’re saying, but ISU isn’t really an anomaly in todays basketball
The anomaly is IB was a role player on a below average P5 and became the alpha at a team in the round of 32. That's something to sell to transfers.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
With Des Moines hosting the first two rounds next year would be so good to see the Clones head into next year with a loaded roster. Really hope IB and Jaz return. Jaz is such an underrated stretch 4 the guy makes so many winning plays.
I would definitely be more disappointed if Jaz didn't return. Have always liked that guy. But that's probably also because I'm fully expecting IB to go.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
The one worry I have with AJ is that it seems like he can really fall into Prohm style hero ball at times. That being said, if he had Hunter, Brockington, and hopefully an additional transfer who can score around him that should cut down on that a bit.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
The one worry I have with AJ is that it seems like he can really fall into Prohm style hero ball at times. That being said, if he had Hunter, Brockington, and hopefully an additional transfer who can score around him that should cut down on that a bit.
I agree about AJ, that's one of the reason he might transfer here. After getting his NBA evaluation he can play alongside Hunter and Brockington focusing on this a potential NBA SG needs to excel at rather than being forced to Carry the team basically on his own.

The report we received from practice is Tre King would be our best big if eligible. Find a big physical guy along with Kunc and we have a pretty solid front court rotation.

42statefan

Jul 17, 2021
LOL Gainey is a lot better than J-Bev. He is so much more athletic and actually has a Big 12-ready body. I doubt he's Cato, but he's also 3 inches shorter and probably 40 pounds lighter than Cato was in his playing days at ISU.

Now if you were to say the odds of Gainey being another Darrell Bowie are 50/50, I might agree with that. And I think you sign a guy like that even if that is his ceiling.
I got a Cato story.. senior year I’m emptying my bladder at a Wallaby’s urinal and I look over and there’s this very tall black man doing the same next to me. W chatted a bit and he said his name was Cato and he was here on a recruiting visit. I told him we really need him and he smiled. The rest is history. You are welcome lol

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
But there's so many variables, besides winning in the big dance. Blue blood dreams, former relationships w/coaches, location, style, and probably ten more categories you could think of. Still a tough sell. BUT WE HAVE THE WATER
Just thought of a new excuse for the squawks.

Reactions: Acylum

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
With Des Moines hosting the first two rounds next year would be so good to see the Clones head into next year with a loaded roster. Really hope IB and Jaz return. Jaz is such an underrated stretch 4 the guy makes so many winning plays.

Making Des Moines HAS to be priority #1 for the off season. That would likely require you to be a top 4 seed. 1 of the spots will almost certainly be taken by Kansas. Midwest Reginal is at Hilton South. SO we'd have to be better than Kansas to make that...

Getting a top 4 seed in 2023 requires a top 4 finish in the LOADED Big 12. IB and Jaz returning is the MINIMUM to do that. Non-conference slate for 2022/23 is brutal too with the invite to the PK Invitational

Hunter
AJ Green
IB
Joey Hauser
Dawson Garcia

Time to load up the NIL coffers and make this happen

• Optimistic
Reactions: BigCyFan

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron