Another B12 win

cyco2000

Nov 5, 2007
Right, and everyone knew that Oregon State would beat USC. Oh, wait...they play the games on the field now? Crap...

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
the Big 12 has not exactly been overpowering in the bowl s thus far ... makes me really nervous that OU is going to do their famous fizzle.

The only reason OU isn't dogged more than they currently are is that OSU has performed worse in Championship games that the Sooners ...

Enginerd

Apr 11, 2006
Texas sleep walks through another victory over the Big Televen. Reminds me of their win against Iowah a few years ago. The score was close but those teams are not. tOSU gave it everything they had and it wasn't enough. That tOSU senior class was more embarrassing in January than a fart in church.

Gotta love watching the Vest's heart getting ripped out. One of the dirtiest coaches in the game. Great defensive scheme at the end numbnuts.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Something to consider is that Ohio State had all the motivation in the world for this game because of the heat they take for lack of performance in big games. Texas felt like they should be playing on Thursday.

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
My point boys and girls is not based on tonight's game. What is their record the last 5 years?
Before the past 3 years misfortunes in bowl games they won 4 in a row...with three of them being BCS games, including a National Championship. They'll be back...you are just one of those jealous fans. I'm ok with Tressel's 82% winning percentage, obsess much?

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
Something to consider is that Ohio State had all the motivation in the world for this game because of the heat they take for lack of performance in big games. Texas felt like they should be playing on Thursday.

Texas had a lot to play for as well

safmusic

May 30, 2006
Texas d-backs look just as bad as ISU in not knowing how or who to cover and they cannot tackle. It was obvious that there was going to be a lob
on OSU touchdown to the 6'6' guy.
Hopefully our defense is better than Texas with the new coaching group.

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
Yeah, seriously...you guys come up with all kinds of creative arguments to try and convince yourselves that anyone in the big 10 deserves nothing. Admit it, it was a great great game and Texas was lucky to win. Since when was motivation and hard nosed play an argument against a football teams prowess?? Wierd.

Enginerd

Apr 11, 2006
Before the past 3 years misfortunes in bowl games they won 4 in a row...with three of them being BCS games, including a National Championship. They'll be back...you are just one of those jealous fans. I'm ok with Tressel's 82% winning percentage, obsess much?

The problem is they and the rest of their conference are routinely overrated and end up in a bowl they don't deserve. They were probably one Big televen loss away from a NC game even after being worked by USC. Take away a tOSU victory due to a bs PI call and the opponents best player breaking his leg and you are looking at a conference that has won half of a NC in forty years. I am not jealous, I rather enjoy their embarrassment. I just think it's too bad they deny deserving teams of the opportunity. If you think about it, the Big Televen is the flag ship of a Miles Brand NCAA.

Enginerd

Apr 11, 2006
Yeah, seriously...you guys come up with all kinds of creative arguments to try and convince yourselves that anyone in the big 10 deserves nothing. Admit it, it was a great great game and Texas was lucky to win. Since when was motivation and hard nosed play an argument against a football teams prowess?? Wierd.

That was not luck.

PolkCityClone

Mar 24, 2006

FickleClone - you can head back to the HN board now.

Enginerd

Apr 11, 2006
My favorite - they are talking about moral victories for tOSU. My how the mighty have fallen. I suppose it's safe for them to bring back the criminals. Does that fatso Maurice have any eligibility left? The Vest better get some gansta recruits on a private plane pronto.

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
That was not luck.
They were inches from not making that 4th down...they were fortunate to win. I'm a standup guy though, so I tip my cap to them for making enough plays to win. All I'm saying is, give the Buckeyes their due...they're not a great team by any means, but they fought hard and just came up a bit short. How can you say they did not deserve to be in that game? If you're using past precedent, than you might as well say OU has no business being in the BCS championship game. And OSU has had just as much, if not more success in big games in the past decade than OU.....

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Ohio St had a great game plan. Blitz, blitz and blitz. This reinforces my thought that Tressel is the best coach in the Big 10 and it is not close. I know he has tons of talent but look how he changes the offense depending on the QB. (not just this season but in the past 6-7 years) Tressel gets the most out of each QB's skills. His teams are sound defensively and on special teams. You are going to win lots of games that way, regardless of talent.

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
The problem is they and the rest of their conference are routinely overrated and end up in a bowl they don't deserve. They were probably one Big televen loss away from a NC game even after being worked by USC. Take away a tOSU victory due to a bs PI call and the opponents best player breaking his leg and you are looking at a conference that has won half of a NC in forty years. I am not jealous, I rather enjoy their embarrassment. I just think it's too bad they deny deserving teams of the opportunity. If you think about it, the Big Televen is the flag ship of a Miles Brand NCAA.
The problem with your arguments is that you fail to give credit where credit is due. The reason McGahee broke his leg is because of a great hit by lb Matt Wilhelm, and its not OSU's fault that the Miami cb had to cheat and pushoff to keep the OSU receiver from scoring. Alot of times opponents claim OSU is lucky because the opponent made mistakes allowing OSU to win....well they made mistakes because OSU forced the mistakes because they were the better team. The big 10 has been down recently, but that does not abolish all of their efforts. Be reasonable.

BvK1126

Apr 12, 2007
Denver, CO
When will the BCS figure out tOSU doesn't belong in a BSC bowl?

My point boys and girls is not based on tonight's game. What is their record the last 5 years?
An Iowa State fan criticizing Ohio State's performance in big games?? :confused: That's classic! :biglaugh: I would kill for Iowa State to achieve the same level of "failure" that Ohio State's program has.

Enginerd

Apr 11, 2006
They were inches from not making that 4th down...they were fortunate to win. I'm a standup guy though, so I tip my cap to them for making enough plays to win. All I'm saying is, give the Buckeyes their due...they're not a great team by any means, but they fought hard and just came up a bit short. How can you say they did not deserve to be in that game? If you're using past precedent, than you might as well say OU has no business being in the BCS championship game. And OSU has had just as much, if not more success in big games in the past decade than OU.....

I don't believe they deserve to be in the last three bowl game because they feast on a weak conference, are routinely overrated, and even this year they were ranked behind Boise State in the final BCS standings. I think they played their hearts out tonight. To your point about OU, I think it should have been UT so in effect I don't believe they deserve to be there. I think OU gets some of the same good ole boy votes that tOSU does but in most years I think they are more deserving due to their conference slate. Put OU or UT for that matter in the Big Televen and you would have the Pac-10...One and the rest.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron