Brian Joens needs to be dealt with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I've gone to their restaurant in Iowa City. Mom and dad were really nice. Enjoyed talking to them about their family and basketball.

Their lives are filled with stress. First, they have a bunch of kids to raise. Second, they live and work in Iowa City. Third, they have to keep a restaurant going these days. Fourth, when not working, they have to watch refs not call fouls in crucial moments as their daughters get hacked. Not an excuse, but they have a high score on the stress-o-meter.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I've gone to their restaurant in Iowa City. Mom and dad were really nice. Enjoyed talking to them about their family and basketball.

Their lives are filled with stress. First, they have a bunch of kids to raise. Second, they live and work in Iowa City. Third, they have to keep a restaurant going these days. Fourth, when not working, they have to watch refs not call fouls in crucial moments as their daughters get hacked. Not an excuse, but they have a high score on the stress-o-meter.

All of those are not independent variables.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY and Cycsk

Trice

Apr 1, 2010

Most of these sound like life choices to me. As is getting vaccinated. As is driving to a game your kids can't play in because they aren't vaccinated and berating the staff in front of thousands of people for enforcing outcomes based on your life choices.

lakeliving

Apr 11, 2006

All of the above are choices that they have made. It still doesn't give you a free ticket to be an idiot.
IF this person did not have ISU athletes or athletes in general, I feel most people would reach consensus pretty quickly.

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA

All of what you said may be true. But we ALL have personal stresses in our lives. At least to date, I have never been kicked out of a sporting event because I was unhinged.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Not here to pile on. I hope folks will be sensitive to the entire Joens family when they post comments in this thread.

On a related note, I ran across a really interesting article that talks about Ashley's recruitment to Iowa State.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I thought the ones in Center Point and CR aren’t associated with Brian Joens and his IC restaurant. I heard he sold off locations.
Oh I have no idea I don't eat pork so I haven't been in a decade.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Joensys is in center point their main one

back when I lived in CR, we used to go get tenderloins from the one in center point. After college we went back and they went downhill tremendously. Have only driven by the one in IC.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

stop

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to

this is excuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron