Aug 22, 2011
Mods watching this thread right now be like
human-whack-a-mole-inflatable-game4.gif

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Yikes. I had no idea this was even happening. Sounds like an embarrassment to say the least.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I'm glad I never had to deal with a parent like that in High School or College. There were plenty of my high school classmates who had parents who who act like that at High School games and I was embarrassed for them. I told my parents in High School that if they behaved like that they aren't welcome to come watch me. In High School it didn't really hold any power but it College it did because as an athlete you get free tickets to give to friends and family and if they acted like that they weren't getting my tickets.

It's a shame people act like that.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Someone needs to talk to him. Bill, JP, a high-dollar donor, someone he would respect. Don't need to threaten him or be aggressive, that won't work. Someone needs to tell him its making HIM look bad. There are better ways to command respect - being positive only, people respect calm leaders, wear a suit, anything. The mark of a great man is the ability to grow and change and be better tomorrow, he needs to be reminded of that.

It's a difficult conversation, but it can be done.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
I'm curious about the nature of the heckling toward the staff and trainers. Upset at the protocols that forced his daughters to miss last night's game?

I’m surprised he made the trip out there when they weren’t going to play. Doesn’t he have a restaurant to run?

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
Seriously? What a loser. If I'm Iowa, I ban him from the arena. No one would blame them - not even ISU fans. Arrest his a$$ for trespassing if he ever steps foot back in Carver.
Iirc he was kicked out of Carver last season before the instate game started. I can't remember the reason.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
I assume it is similar to the tournament game against A&M last year. While Ashley was getting fouled and it not getting called, cameras showed him storming around the arena yelling and screaming.

i saw it on the screen, and was very happy he wasn’t in my section

But I found out later that he was pretty aggressive throughout the game

Reactions: IASTATE07

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
I assume it is similar to the tournament game against A&M last year. While Ashley was getting fouled and it not getting called, cameras showed him storming around the arena yelling and screaming.
Last year Texas game was the worst I have seen him. I was about ready to turn around and tel him off.. and I’m a very calm person

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Someone needs to talk to him. Bill, JP, a high-dollar donor, someone he would respect. Don't need to threaten him or be aggressive, that won't work. Someone needs to tell him its making HIM look bad. There are better ways to command respect - being positive only, people respect calm leaders, wear a suit, anything. The mark of a great man is the ability to grow and change and be better tomorrow, he needs to be reminded of that.

I would think that if it were ever going to happen, it would have already.

plus bill is no shrinking violet when it comes to this stuff either, and hasn't Jamie been kicked out of one of his son’s games?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
The OP is toast. Pretty sure we're not supposed to talk about players, former players or family members of players or former players.
Joens has made himself a target based on his actions at Cyclone sporting events. So he's fair game.

Reactions: Hoopssae

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

Even if they did do that, guys like this don't give a rat's ass what someone else tells them or thinks.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK

If he was throwing abuse at the staff all night I'm not sure Bill is the one to do it. Honestly it probably has to be his daughters. And who wants to put someone in that situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron