****Official Class of 2022 Recruiting Thread****

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
I’m getting more and more excited about this kid. He has a legit NBA type body.
I know he's hit some threes in highlights that I've seen. Does anyone know if that's something likely to carry over or something that be coming off high volume and won't? Regardless, I am right with you. Very excited and think he'll fit right in, his build makes me think in the Enaruna/Jaz role.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I know he's hit some threes in highlights that I've seen. Does anyone know if that's something likely to carry over or something that be coming off high volume and won't? Regardless, I am right with you. Very excited and think he'll fit right in, his build makes me think in the Enaruna/Jaz role.

Pretty sure his outside shooting is one of the reasons for his offer. 3 and D guy with big upside

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA
Pretty sure his outside shooting is one of the reasons for his offer. 3 and D guy with big upside

and his 6’7’ body with a ‘7’1’ wingspan and 40 inch vertical. Agree with you, good shooter that can defend multiple positions. I think this class is underrated. I think he, King, and Lipsey are going to work their butts off. I can’t wait to watch kings athleticism and toughness

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah I think he’s actually a good three point shooter. That’s his thing on offense. I’d certainly expect a dip when he first starts because of the change of the line, but I think he could be a tremendous stretch 4 type.

Reactions: cyclonehomer

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Yeah I think he’s actually a good three point shooter. That’s his thing on offense. I’d certainly expect a dip when he first starts because of the change of the line, but I think he could be a tremendous stretch 4 type.
Like to see guys like this start seeing time at the 3 to help us match up a little better with the Baylor of the world.

Reactions: isutrevman

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
and his 6’7’ body with a ‘7’1’ wingspan and 40 inch vertical. Agree with you, good shooter that can defend multiple positions. I think this class is underrated. I think he, King, and Lipsey are going to work their butts off. I can’t wait to watch kings athleticism and toughness
He’s taller than 6’7 now

Reactions: isutrevman

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
If he’s that long and can shoot there is definitely a lot of upside. Especially if he fully buys into TJs system. We’ll have decent depth at that position so should have time to develop.

PantherCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2017
I know it is 12 minutes long, but some pretty good Eli King highlights from this weekend. Hilton is going to go nuts over some of his dunks!

Definitely a good athlete, but his defensive intensity will need to improve significantly to see the floor under Otz.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Definitely a good athlete, but his defensive intensity will need to improve significantly to see the floor under Otz.
He’s actually a pretty good defender. Reads the passing lanes well, has good hands and has the ability to block guys at the rim. The intensity stuff will get coached up as that will be an expectation. He’ll learn but will also be a true freshman that will have some growing pains

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
He’s actually a pretty good defender. Reads the passing lanes well, has good hands and has the ability to block guys at the rim. The intensity stuff will get coached up as that will be an expectation. He’ll learn but will also be a true freshman that will have some growing pains
Agree, he looked like as the best athlete on the floor he wants the guy he's defending to have the ball and will look to help teammates.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Agree, he looked like as the best athlete on the floor he wants the guy he's defending to have the ball and will look to help teammates.
Yeah in that highlight he freelanced a lot and we have zero clue what was asked for him in the game. I mean his team blew the other team out and it’s high school basketball. It’s not always going to look perfect.

He’s a smart kid and a smart basketball player with a good feel for the game. TJ and the staff will put him in the best scenario to succeed and if he works his butt off, which I have no reason to think he wouldn’t, he‘lol be a fun one to watch.

Reactions: legi

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
“Eli thrives in open-court basketball,” Otzelberger said. “Defensively, his instincts and anticipation will create turnovers. Offensively, he’s a gifted playmaker that makes the right play and can finish with authority. His toughness and competitiveness will be welcomed additions.”

I think he's a little more polished than Grill in terms of ball handling and playmaking. More of a bulldog than Grill, but maybe not as good of a leaper. Grill has bounce but we don't get to see it a lot.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron