Missed goaltending call

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Hopped on over to phog and even a bunch of them are talking about how that was the difference. Some trying to rationalize it with calls earlier in the game. No excuse for that.

I forgot what it’s like to be this invested in cyclone basketball.

I'm not 2013 phantom call Withey mad but this will go down in 'only ISU' lore.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I do not understand why they want to protect Kanwas so bad. They literally hand games to them. I am so sick of this. Why even play these games anymore?? What is the point of playing down there anymore?
It’s at a point where it’s nothing more than a self fulfilling prophecy. KU has been a 10-8, 11-7 level team that gets gifted 3-4 wins a year.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

ahhh…that’s the game where I passed the guy that attacked bill self on the concourse after the game and wanted to kiss him.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

Would have been his 5th foul if they don't call it on his teammate 2 feet behind him and not in the play. I think same game they called Georges as the KU player is still laying on top of him.

IFA Cyclone

Nov 20, 2021
Announcers said it’s reviewable.
I’m pretty sure it is not reviewable. These announcers we have had lately don’t seem to know their a** from their elbow. That’s a BS call that should have changed the game. I will never understand how they continue to let that happen. Year after year.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
So what would have happened had they stopped play to look at it? They would have reversed it and we would have won. Because we know from 18 years ago that refs can do what ever the hell they want, rules be damned (see phantom 3)

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Would have been his 5th foul if they don't call it on his teammate 2 feet behind him and not in the play. I think same game they called Georges as the KU player is still laying on top of him.

Yep. The Withey one pissed me off way more. He reached in while they called the foul on someone 4-5 feet away from the ball.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
So what would have happened had they stopped play to look at it? They would have reversed it and we would have won. Because we know from 18 years ago that refs can do what ever the hell they want, rules be damned (see phantom 3)
You don't get to just throw points up on the board and say "they lost by 1 add 2 for the goaltend, win!"

How do we know it doesn't play out with Jones getting his 5th while sitting on the bench, Otz getting T'd up at the sheer ridiculousness, getting a 2nd T for continuing to argue, a dead ball technical on Kalscheur for handing the ball to the ref too forcefully, and 2 3s hit between all the free throws for a 12 point loss and gamblers either happy as hell or depressed?

It's actually scary how not unrealistic that is in Lawrence.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
You don't get to just throw points up on the board and say "they lost by 1 add 2 for the goaltend, win!"

How do we know it doesn't play out with Jones getting his 5th while sitting on the bench, Otz getting T'd up at the sheer ridiculousness, getting a 2nd T for continuing to argue, a dead ball technical on Kalscheur for handing the ball to the ref too forcefully, and 2 3s hit between all the free throws for a 12 point loss and gamblers either happy as hell or depressed?

It's actually scary how not unrealistic that is in Lawrence.

and we don’t get extra credit for not blaming the refs.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Yes. Horrible call….But it is not reviewable.

NCAA rule book for instant replays

Article 4: The officials shall not use such available equipment for judgement calls such as:

A: Determine if a foul occurred

B: Determine whether basket interference or goaltending occurred

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Sucked but that didn’t lose the game.
Normally I would agree, but with the time left on the clock I would bet a lot that it did change the winner here. You can respond with your "We should have played better the rest of the 2nd Half and not left it up to the refs. Our offense was terrible for 75% of that half."

That is all true, but that's also the easy way out. Just score more points than the other team. The fact is, for how bad they played offensively, they played really well defensively to put them in position to MAKE THAT PLAY. Brockington MADE THAT PLAY and was NOT rewarded for it. This isn't some judgment foul call, he literally made a winning play and should have been rewarded with 2 points.