WVU 1/2

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
How is the one, a freshman, who started in her place right away but then got hurt. Can’t remember her name. How is she doing?

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
Maggie still doesn’t look right.

At this point I'm not expecting her to "look right" again, with all of the injury issues she's had over the past few years. It's too bad, but if she can come in and play 5-10 average minutes a game, I'll consider that to be pretty good.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
And K-State takes down Baylor. The Bears only had 7 players due to injury and covid.

COVID, flu and injuries hitting some teams. WVU missing four players today and two starters. Think that was a mix of injuries and illness. We have Fritz out but have everyone else back. Sounded like Morgan was out with something but cleared to play by today, so far we are relatively fortunate.

Depleted WVU and Cyclones playing well pretty much iced this one early. Pretty neutral reffing, not all calling ticky-tacky fouls nor all "let em play" played to out strength some as did WVU not having the roster to play their preferred style. . Thought the combo platter of Morgan/Jordao at post (24 pts) was again very good and way good enough for most of our Big 12 games.

Big game coming up at Norman Wednesday night. Sooners won a shootout over TT today 97-91. Probably going to miss our game (TV is Bally Sports Oklahoma) since it's part of the Texas/OU TV stuff where they didn't share their home games on ESPN+. :mad: Bally North isn't picking it up, Timberwolves night.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
At this point I'm not expecting her to "look right" again, with all of the injury issues she's had over the past few years. It's too bad, but if she can come in and play 5-10 average minutes a game, I'll consider that to be pretty good.

Seems pretty pessimistic. She played 17 minutes this afternoon. If she can do that without reincurring their stress injury that might be all we can ask for. I've actually been impressed last year and this year that she can come back from seriously limited activity and look as game sharp as she has both times.

Reactions: Hoopssae

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
That WVU team was pesky, we had a comfortable lead all game but they never gave up. I liked #20 from WVU she's got a knack for clean shot blocking. Their coach whines almost as much as Bluder though. Though Ashley had the points what a game by Ryan, that girl is really growing into the point guard role.

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
Seems pretty pessimistic. She played 17 minutes this afternoon. If she can do that without reincurring their stress injury that might be all we can ask for. I've actually been impressed last year and this year that she can come back from seriously limited activity and look as game sharp as she has both times.

Yeah, it's probably a bit pessimistic, although her minutes would have been fewer if not for Donarski's foul trouble and the big lead. I do agree that she's played pretty well in her returns from injury. But at the same time, I'm just trying to not raise expectations to her being someone who can play 20 minutes a game, which she only hit once even last season. If she can prove me wrong, great, but I'm always skeptical when players miss as much time as she has with separate injury stints.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Yeah, it's probably a bit pessimistic, although her minutes would have been fewer if not for Donarski's foul trouble and the big lead. I do agree that she's played pretty well in her returns from injury. But at the same time, I'm just trying to not raise expectations to her being someone who can play 20 minutes a game, which she only hit once even last season. If she can prove me wrong, great, but I'm always skeptical when players miss as much time as she has with separate injury stints.

I just want her to be a solid contributor to this well rounded team.

Reactions: ISU71

Hoopssae

Aug 22, 2015
Wow. It’s a good thing she’s surrounded with people who understand injuries are part of sports…more so than not. If everyone had your attitude most teams would barely fill a roster year in and year out.

She hasn’t been injured the “past few years”. She played 30-40 minutes a game her freshman year completely healthy. No injuries.

Reactions: ISU71

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
Wow. It’s a good thing she’s surrounded with people who understand injuries are part of sports…more so than not. If everyone had your attitude most teams would barely fill a roster year in and year out.

She hasn’t been injured the “past few years”. She played 30-40 minutes a game her freshman year completely healthy. No injuries.

I was not expecting to get as much push back as I have from my initial comment. Granted, I probably sounded harsher than I meant to, but still.

Yes, saying "the past few years" was inaccurate. She's missed three separate stints of games due to injury in the past season and a half, to be more accurate (played 13 games in that time).

I guess my point is that with the injuries she's had, there are reasons to be cautious. Her freshman season she averaged 30 minutes a game, last season 16, and this season 11 (even with the 17 from Sunday). Even without her injuries, her role would be different than her freshman season. The bench depth she gives is still important though, and I didn't mean to minimize that.

I don't think it's crazy to think that an injury that's bothered MEM for this long will continue to limit her at least somewhat. She's playing well and has an important role, but I think we should be realistic with expectations.

Reactions: Cyclad

Help Support Us

Become a patron