Iowa Beat Writers

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
Sorry. Not trolling. But there is some real hatred here. There is bad on both sides, but CyTwins is on his own planet. I just fear a person like CyTwins spends way to much negative energy on a college sports team. I have no problems with Cyclones, Cyclone fans, or Cyclone message boards. But, I do have trouble with CyTwins. He is a laughing stock in the Hawkeye universe. Even my Cyclone friends thinks he is off his rocker.
CyTwins is doing the job ANY of your beat writers should do at least once in a while but never do. It gets old, and Twins doesn't miss a thing.

Meanwhile Randy Peterson is reminding our head coach that everyone around the country says he should leave every chance he can get.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Well, since they couldn't put anything about the game in the Sunday paper, they still had to give Iowa some kind of positive press with a big ol' picture of the Iowa-Purdue basketball game and the headline "Iowa gains confidence despite loss to Purdue" (I can't remember what it actually says, so I am paraphrasing.}

• Winner
Reactions: WhoISthis

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Sorry. Not trolling. But there is some real hatred here. There is bad on both sides, but CyTwins is on his own planet. I just fear a person like CyTwins spends way to much negative energy on a college sports team. I have no problems with Cyclones, Cyclone fans, or Cyclone message boards. But, I do have trouble with CyTwins. He is a laughing stock in the Hawkeye universe. Even my Cyclone friends thinks he is off his rocker.
His constant hammering of the truth only seems like weird hate because of your ignorance. But as this thread has made clear, it’s not really your fault, you have decades of media in this state being fanboys.

Meanwhile Travis Hines covering Iowa St so desperately wants to prove he’s impartial, he has become a hater.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt and GTO

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
What? Wait, the vaunted Iowa Defense gave up 45 yards per game more than the vaunted Iowa Offense was able to muster? (paragraph from Hlas column this morning)

1638720034915.png

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Well, since they couldn't put anything about the game in the Sunday paper, they still had to give Iowa some kind of positive press with a big ol' picture of the Iowa-Purdue basketball game and the headline "Iowa gains confidence despite loss to Purdue" (I can't remember what it actually says, so I am paraphrasing.}
That went directly from my front porch to the recycling bin.