All FB coaching rumors and speculation

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Doing my best. 95 percent of our people do not have problems. The ads are not nearly as easy to fix as you would think. Everybody is on a different device, browser, etc. People don't update things when they are supposed to. Some do. Some never do. It's a total pain in my ass, which is why we are trying to get away from that model.
I’m not going to get into an argument with the publisher of the site, especially as he brandishes bans across the board.

It does get tiring though, constantly having premium members always saying “if you want [insert basic function of any website] then you should just become a premium member!” I won’t speak for everyone else, I’m not asking for premium information. I’m not asking for access to podcasts and articles and stories. I’m simply asking to not have to refresh a page four times just to be able to click “post reply” because the button is being blocked by an invisible ad.

I get it’s a skeleton crew and people do what they can, but even simple updates in the thread reporting ad problems would be helpful. Or, if you just don’t care, that’s fine, it’s your website. Just say you don’t care. At least all are on the same page.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
CW, since you don’t do a mailbag anymore but you’re here, when can I expect analysis on Taylor Swifts latest Taylor’s Version? Honestly love it, but think the 10 minute version of All Too Well is overrated. Could’ve done with just 5.

Just so her refrain from Exile doesn't become our coaching situation theme song. o_O

I think I've seen this film before
And I didn't like the ending

cyclonestunners

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 14, 2011
I’m not going to get into an argument with the publisher of the site, especially as he brandishes bans across the board.

It does get tiring though, constantly having premium members always saying “if you want [insert basic function of any website] then you should just become a premium member!” I won’t speak for everyone else, I’m not asking for premium information. I’m not asking for access to podcasts and articles and stories. I’m simply asking to not have to refresh a page four times just to be able to click “post reply” because the button is being blocked by an invisible ad.

I get it’s a skeleton crew and people do what they can, but even simple updates in the thread reporting ad problems would be helpful. Or, if you just don’t care, that’s fine, it’s your website. Just say you don’t care. At least all are on the same page.
What basic function are you not getting? You get all the free articles, podcasts, and other things. Give me a break. Several media sites have a free and a pay option. This site is not alone in that style.

Reactions: davegilbertson

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I have no issue with the rest of the premium content like the Jay Jordan breakdowns, no ads and additional podcasts or whatever, but hiding an article about if Campbell is leaving or not is on another level. I’m not paying for premium as a college student, but that shouldn’t prevent me from getting information on if CMC is gone or not

There isn't remotely anything like what you are describing behind the paywall.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com

Every company / individual can always be better in certain areas. I am a sports writer. I've had to learn all of the tech stuff that come with this site over the last 15 years. But clearly I am going to be better at writing columns, podcasting and marketing than I am the tech side. But we try our best.

Don't tell me I don't care. That's hogwash.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Anyway, after seeing him cry like he did yesterday was refreshing to see he really loves/cares and loves his job. It’s confusing to know what he’s going to do due to Twitter being Twitter typical **** show.

KCyclone2010

May 19, 2017
Every company / individual can always be better in certain areas. I am a sports writer. I've had to learn all of the tech stuff that come with this site over the last 15 years. But clearly I am going to be better at writing columns, podcasting and marketing than I am the tech side. But we try our best.

Appreciate all your hard work and dedication to this site, Chris! The mobile ads are a bit out of control tho. It makes the site almost unusable

Lewey24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2020
Dubuque, IA
I don’t have any information, but there are some people that seem somewhat panicked on Twitter right now

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010

No need to apologize. This is an amazing site.

VoiceOfReason

Aug 21, 2016
I don't know if Campbell is or isn't leaving, but I know whatever he does, it'll be done very quietly and privately. It won't get reported by a random person on Twitter with "ties to USC or LSU." He'll go about it the right way and get a deal done, then talk to ISU, then talk to the team, then they'll release a statement. Posting all these random flight trackers and Twitter posts isn't going to get us anywhere.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Aranda signing an extension. These "blue bloods" are going to end up with MAC coaches lol

@PeteThamel
·
1h

Source tells
@YahooSports
that Baylor plans to put together a contract extension for coach Dave Aranda in the upcoming weeks. Aranda has made clear — below and otherwise — that he plans to stay at Baylor in this coaching cycle.
Nothing wrong with a GOOD MAC Coach!

Last edited:
Reactions: agentbear