Baylor fans on ISU vs. Baylor game saturday

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
This is true - which again is why I've tried saying its not a knock on anyone, just a fact.

there are programs that are better built to win because we get into a shoot out, but we are not one of them for a wide variety of reasons. Yes, quarterback is one but is far from the only one.

BUT the point I was trying to make and probably failed to make was that for my money, its the ground game that drives the boat. Not that our passing attack does not make plays or is incapable - its just for X,Y, and Z reasons the part of our offense that for me, has the most question marks and yes, QB is one of them but again, its far from the only one, just the most noticeable due to the nature of the position

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
You won't recall but I wrote a few weeks back about this being a test of CMC's strategy to not have physical practices leading up to this season. There's no reason this senior-ladened team, with, what, five all-Americans?, shouldn't dominate this conference, sans OU.

I've also said that ISU had a distinct advantage last year going without major Covid issues nor injuries. That was not the case for many B12 teams.

Strategy worked. Look at the defense. A physical practice isn't going to stop Purdy from throwing slightly behind a receiver or an ISU kickoff going out of bounds. It's those seemingly little things that continue to plague ISU.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
They were a 'good' 2 win team last year that only really got housed once in the last game of the season.

Things are always weird in Waco and ISU will have their hands full.
Things are always weird in Waco

With all due respect to the new Baylor dude that just posted and seems rather thoughtful, respectful and intelligent; you could have left off the rest of the sentence and it would have applied to more than just football.

Reactions: madguy30

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
To get this thread back on track some (thanks Surly), they are really in love with their QB. But he hasn’t been pressured any where close to how he will be on Saturday. It will be interesting to see if he can handle that.

Reactions: SDClone

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Sorry, I couldn't get over their fans responding to why people hate Briles that he wasn't any worse than any big time coach. These clowns just don't get it.
Between the Briles defense, the hockey goon tactics they used in 2018, Rhule's trotting Brewer's corpse out on the field, and considering exposing our players to 122 degree heat on a technicality as "gamesmanship," I just can't view their program and fans as anything but trash.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Sorry, I couldn't get over their fans responding to why people hate Briles that he wasn't any worse than any big time coach. These clowns just don't get it.
Between the Briles defense, the hockey goon tactics they used in 2018, Rhule's trotting Brewer's corpse out on the field, and considering exposing our players to 122 degree heat on a technicality as "gamesmanship," I just can't view their program and fans as anything but trash.

the-dude-give-up.gif

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
C1d.gif

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Lol

“Forecast high for Saturday is 88. Hopefully warm enough to fry those fat Midwest farm boys, but not so hot that shoes melt on the turf.”
That's my favorite by far. Surely it never touches 90 in Iowa!

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
This! Amazing.

And to all you Baylor lurkers on here perping around:

39dda491ebbbbfd5ebbfe98de6ce65b0.gif

michibear

Oct 18, 2013
To get this thread back on track some (thanks Surly), they are really in love with their QB. But he hasn’t been pressured any where close to how he will be on Saturday. It will be interesting to see if he can handle that.

This.

I think Baylor's QB is solid, and in previous seasons, he's shown that he can scramble well when pressured. What makes Baylor fans worry is the quality of our line play. I'm keen to find out if our offense is what it appears to be, or if it's just been fool's gold because of the poor competition we've played to this point. Bears are definitely about to be tested.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'll admit I consume some of the SicEm 365 content on their site and on youtube...but some of the takes are hilariously bad.

Some of their realignment "stories" are like if you took the least fact based posts from this site and turned it into a Wayne's World style TV network.

It's entertaining stuff, but not always in the way they think. There's some twisted entertainment in how seriously they take themselves.

• Winner
Reactions: DarkStar and Cydkar

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I like how one of their fans treats some ahole throwing punches like he's some kind of hero with a video highlight.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I like how one of their fans treats some ahole throwing punches like he's some kind of hero with a video highlight.
He got an NFL running back kicked out of the game, so pretty much is a hero.

Reactions: MJ29

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
No edits required
No need to glamorize punching players for no reason
No need to go back 9-10 years
Just a crappy start followed by a half of pure beatdown

What I love about watching those highlights is that so many past ISU teams would've curled up and died after that first half.

Campbell's teams aren't perfect, but they seem to handle adversity remarkably well.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Baylor fan. I come in peace.

One thing about the SicEm365 web site is that most of the real fan action happens on the Premium Insider forum behind the paywall. The free side of things has a lot fewer posters. So, for example, there have been 1,245,269 posts on the insider side of things compared to 352,180 posts on the football board y'all are seeing. All that to say, take what you see on the free board with a grain of salt.

Most Baylor fans are looking at this game pretty much the same way Iowa State fans are - this will be a true test of the team and will likely tell us a whole lot about how the rest of the season unfolds. We feel confident about what we have seen from the team but we realize that our first three opponents have been, well, let's say . . . lacking. Having said that, we've crapped the bed against inferior teams in the past, so we have hope that there's substance behind what we've seen.

I expect a hard-fought game. For those of you coming down to Waco, stop by the SicEm265 tailgate site and say Hey!
love the guys on 365 Sports (You Tube Channel). They are outstanding.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
This.

I think Baylor's QB is solid, and in previous seasons, he's shown that he can scramble well when pressured. What makes Baylor fans worry is the quality of our line play. I'm keen to find out if our offense is what it appears to be, or if it's just been fool's gold because of the poor competition we've played to this point. Bears are definitely about to be tested.
I would bet a large sum it’s not necessarily fools gold but our front 7 crush good o lines. See Iowa. I honestly don’t see how you win unless you win the TO battle (which unfortunately is possible).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron