On to next year

ISU40

Jan 8, 2012
Ames
Maybe I am just assuming but I think Rae and Kristin are done with basketball. Not hearing a peep, not in the pictures from 'practice' and no transfer requests.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
How can som

How can someone not see Bill's intensity before they come to school here. I do not get that. If you do your homework, which I would think you would to pick where you want to accept a scholarship should you really be surprised with Bill's intensity?
Good point, but maybe experiencing it is different than hearing about it. Not sure intensity was the best word for me to use, although accurate. Somebody on here mentioned “mistake tolerance.” Might be a better phrase. Impossible to play the game error free. The more mistakes you make, the less you should play. But I think it might be nerve racking to play when you are more worried about making a mistake than making a play.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
I'm sorry to see Ashley didn't make the USA Women's FIBA AmeriCup 13-finalist roster. But it does show she belongs to the small group of the best college basketball players in the country. I hope she has had a great experience in the training camp and uses it as one of the motivations to fuel her offseason improvement. I look forward to seeing her have a Big12 Player of the Year kind of season come this fall.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I'm sorry to see Ashley didn't make the USA Women's FIBA AmeriCup 13-finalist roster. But it does show she belongs to the small group of the best college basketball players in the country. I hope she has had a great experience in the training camp and uses it as one of the motivations to fuel her offseason improvement. I look forward to seeing her have a Big12 Player of the Year kind of season come this fall.

When you look at the first 20 and than the 13 it looks like a few top players did not accept invitations, including the national player of the year. Big 10 has five gals on the team, Maryland with two. Maryland will be tough next year.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Good point, but maybe experiencing it is different than hearing about it. Not sure intensity was the best word for me to use, although accurate. Somebody on here mentioned “mistake tolerance.” Might be a better phrase. Impossible to play the game error free. The more mistakes you make, the less you should play. But I think it might be nerve racking to play when you are more worried about making a mistake than making a play.

Nearly every recruit experiences both practice and game time before committing. If they can't see what it's like before coming here then it's their own fault. As for worrying about making mistakes...players are always taught to move on to the next play. Have a short memory. It happens.

Reactions: ISU71

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
I just saw the tweet from CBF. I assume the players will finish the school work and then go home for a brief period. Does anyone know when the whole team will be back to resume the offseason training?

Reactions: ISU71

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Photos from the last day of the team training this semester.

They were having fun playing baseball and there's an interaction going on among the players on Twitter. ;)

It's clear Kristin and Rae were not present.

Last edited:

ISU71

Jan 16, 2013
I heard MEM hit a HR, too, slid into home plate and promptly engaged in lengthy trash talk with CBF, just for good measure. :)

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
But I thought our team never had fun....
And Fennelly was mean....
And the players had no freedom on social media....

Just a curious thought. Someone from inside of the program or their friend/relative might have read this forum (especially the KF transfer thread) so they decided "OK some of your posters in here got us misunderstood and we will show you more "fun and free" side of the program. ;)

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
I don't want to create a separate thread for this so I'm jsut posting here.

Charlie Creme just ranked his top 25 college WBB players of the next season.

7. Ashley Joens
One of the most versatile offensive players in the country, Joens keeps getting better. Masterful with her foot work, use of angles and ability to finish plays, Joens has become a dominant interior scorer at just 6-foot. This year's winner of the Cheryl Miller Award as the nation's best small forward, Joens is also a more than capable 3-point shooter at 35.4%. Her scoring average ranked fourth in the nation and topped Bridget Carleton's previous Iowa State single-season school record by 2.5 points.

Other noticeable:

1. NaLyssa Smith
3. Paige Bueckers
4. Caitlin Clark
25. Ayoka Lee

Last edited:

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
I just saw the tweet from CBF. I assume the players will finish the school work and then go home for a brief period. Does anyone know when the whole team will be back to resume the offseason training?

Expect them back around the 14th of June, Session II classes start on the 14th and the freshman (minus Izzy) will arrive at that time.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Cyclones.tv just posted this video on its YouTube channel. Upon seeing its title, I thought it's a highlight video of the 2020-2021 season in review or a recent program status update. It turns out to be a "Get to Know Iowa State Women's Basketball" introductory video. If you are a WBB diehard like me, it never gets old to watch these clips over and over again. If you are not too familiar with the ISU WBB program, this is a well-made video worth your time.

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
Good job of editing to make sure there was zero highlights or mention of the traitor.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Although this tweet comes from CycloneFB, it also means the NCAA recruiting for all the sports is finally back to normal after a 15-month dead period. Let the fun begin.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
One of the freshmen Maggie Vick has arrived in Ames.

One thing I have noticed is that Maggie Vick's height is listed 6'4 and our new transfer Beatriz Jordao's height is listed 6'3. Based on the photo below, Jordao is about 2" taller, unless you count Vick's hairdo or Vick is not standing straight.

Last edited: