Kyle Green Hired

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Could be temporary while the kids still attend UNI and maybe the wife looks at opening her chiropractic office in Ames/Ankeny. Or maybe they are content there until he gets a HC job, which would probably mean Iowa State is winning again.

But like others have said, he will likely have some type of residence in Ames and go home when he can.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
It will be interesting to see if AJ changes his mind though. Maybe we bring in a few transfers and he sees himself as “the missing piece”. But I get it if he likes his coach/teammates/friends there.

TomTreebow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2012
It will be interesting to see if AJ changes his mind though. Maybe we bring in a few transfers and he sees himself as “the missing piece”. But I get it if he likes his coach/teammates/friends there.
My completely uneducated guess would be the only reason to get hope ups would be if UNI has mass transfers out or if Jacobson leaves. Though, with him not getting Minnesota I'm not sure there are any other open jobs he'd leave for (would Utah State be a step up? and he's a midwest guy so doubt he'd leave).

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
I know plenty of people who live wherever and (used to) fly into Washington, DC on Monday and work from there throughout most of the week, heading home on Thursday or Friday afternoon/evening.

Seems bizarre to Iowans, but it wasn't that unusual on the East Coast before COVID became a thing.

Most investment bankers I work with in New York that have young family do this. Monday morning long commute, live in the city at a condo/apartment during the weel and go home to CT, Westchester County or Long Island on the weekends

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It don't think anyone is commenting on the commute any more than it's just a weird deal. I think college coaches are pretty notorious for working some insanely long hours. Just trying to figure out how 3 hours on the road each day works into that.
1. He may not need to be in Ames 4-5 months of the year.
2. He may not need to drive there-maybe his wife will come to Ames to visit instead.
3. It may be a short term plan with a lot being different 2-3 years from now.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Some of you care way too much about a commute.

He's a good coach.

It's not like he's clocking in. College basketball coaching isn't a 9 to 5. It's weird to live that far away. If TJ chose to live in Mason City I think it'd be weird and potentially a problem.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I feel like we need a breakdown of his commute. Will it be 20 to 35, or will he take the scenic route and take 63 to 30?

• Funny
Reactions: ianoconnor

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Because there’s probably a 0% chance he’s going to be driving from Ames to CF and back every single day..
Exactly. Think of the business men that are out of town 4 days a week! They don’t get to see their family everyday and sometimes that’s what you have to do to make a boat load of money.

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
He'll change his tune on the daily commute real quick once he gets stuck in traffic at the Alden/Buckeye exit twice every day. What a ******* nightmare.

Reactions: Aclone and aauummm

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I honestly don’t have an opinion on this, but if you guys are excited, I’m excited.
Seems good on paper, but I've got a weird feeling about it after hearing he plan on commuting from Cedar Falls. Kind of like he's sleeping with the enemy but still married to his wife.

• Haha
Reactions: weeterkane

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Most investment bankers I work with in New York that have young family do this. Monday morning long commute, live in the city at a condo/apartment during the weel and go home to CT, Westchester County or Long Island on the weekends
Makes me feel a little better. A little.