Kyle Green Hired

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
It will be interesting to see if AJ changes his mind though. Maybe we bring in a few transfers and he sees himself as “the missing piece”. But I get it if he likes his coach/teammates/friends there.
Sounds pretty clear that AJ feels he is the missing piece for the UNI Panthers!

Afterall, some kids do move away from their parents to attend college.

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I feel like we need a breakdown of his commute. Will it be 20 to 35, or will he take the scenic route and take 63 to 30?
To take #63 he'd have to take #58 first, both of which are two-lane roads and then he'd have to go through the metropolises of Hudson, Traer and Toledo to get to #30! Very time consuming, better off staying on the four-lane, divided highways. Set the cruise at 80 mph, auto pilot on and sit back and read the e-newspaper with a cup of coffee. :)

Last edited:

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
To take #63 he'd have to take #58 first, both of which are two-lane roads and then he'd have to go through the metropolises of Hudson, Traer and Toledo to get to #30! Very time consuming, better off staying on the four-lane, divided highways.
It's a prettier drive.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I know plenty of people who live wherever and (used to) fly into Washington, DC on Monday and work from there throughout most of the week, heading home on Thursday or Friday afternoon/evening.

Seems bizarre to Iowans, but it wasn't that unusual on the East Coast before COVID became a thing.

Do those people get to the office at 6 am and leave at 9/10 PM like coaches?

aauummm

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I'd go down through Grundy Center. Grab a quick bite & soda. Not sure if there is still a good maid-rite place there.;)
I've done that. Lived in Cedar Falls for 7 years with season tickets. I've driven every single road between Cedar Falls and Jack Trice/Hilton.

Reactions: t-noah

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
So what’s the Cliff Notes version of this? UNI guy who is gonna drive three hours every day even in winter to switch assistant jobs while his family stays in Cedar Falls? Or is he a virtual coach part of the time?

aauummm

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
It's a prettier drive.
I used to go through Steamboat Rock just for a change in scenery-it's a pretty area for about 2 miles. Couple of curves in the road, couple of hills on each side of the river, trees, a bridge with a view of a low-head dam. That was it for the whole trip from Cedar Falls to Jack Trice.:(

Last edited:

NodawayRiverClone

May 1, 2018
Like I said, he may end up being a great coach.

Hiring an assistant coach away from UNI doesn’t have the “OMG it’s so amazing TJ pulled this off” feel to it like you are trying to pump.

It’s a fine hire and I hope it works out well!

The position of non-contact consulting coach will be the exhumed body of James Naismith, propped up in the Hilton corner leading to the ISU men's locker room. OMG!!

Reactions: CycloneCJ

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
I'd go down through Grundy Center. Grab a quick bite & soda. Not sure if there is still a good maid-rite place there.;)

Not sure where that would have been .... there was an actual Maid-Rite place in Toledo until the derecho. There might still be one in Marshalltown.

In GC they just lost the Pizza Hut. There is a nice eatery across from the courthouse (not a quick stop) and a coffee shop right next to it. Mexican place on the West side and a Chinese place across from the old Pizza Hut. And of course... still two Casey's. :cool:

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
So what’s the Cliff Notes version of this? UNI guy who is gonna drive three hours every day even in winter to switch assistant jobs while his family stays in Cedar Falls? Or is he a virtual coach part of the time?

He is going to bunk up with Foster and Conditt and we will have dominate post play.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Going to skip dwelling on the commute. I'm going instead with a 'big positive' that he wanted to come here, knowing full well he's leaving behind a place where he could see his son play every game. (and daughter on men's non-game nights). Has to mean something.
Welcome Coach Green.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Commute doesnt necessarily mean taking that drive every day.

He could have a condo\apartment in Ames that he stays in for periods when he needs to be in Ames overnight, but frequently goes back to his home base in CF. Hell, i've known a couple of people that did something like that just for attending ISU games as fans.

Reactions: Statefan10

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Commute doesnt necessarily mean taking that drive every day.

He could have a condo\apartment in Ames that he stays in for periods when he needs to be in Ames overnight, but frequently goes back to his home base in CF. Hell, i've known a couple of people that did something like that just for attending ISU games as fans.
It's not like he isn't making 4 times what anyone on here is making. He will be fine.