Kyle Green Hired

dabears32

Nov 23, 2009
Ben Jacobson was rumored to have interviewed for the Minnesota job. Maybe it's a combo of feeling good about ISU and the promotion/opportunity while also feeling a little uneasy with Jacobson's commitment to UNI.
Green would of been the next UNI coach (And still likely will be). I dont think the interview has anything to do with it.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
You couldn't possibly be more wrong. You should be ecstatic. Great teacher of big men and fantastic recruiter in state. There's tons of high major in state talent the next 5-6 years.

Tamin Lipsey, Josh Dix and Omaha Biliew to name a few... Would love to get 2 of those at a minimum. Kyle Green has to help with that since UNI was also recruiting Dix and Lipsey

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I don't remember these guys very well to recall their style. It seemed like Egelseder was more old school, back to the basket and Tuttle more faced the basket.

Is there a distinct style of play for the UNI bigs? I know I have been sort of the outlier in a guard-dominated league with really good post play.

Coleman, Eglseder and Bennett Koch were very much back to the basket guys. Adam Koch, Tuttle and Jake Koch were very much face up guys. Phyfe is somewhere in between. Shows his strengths in working with what guys have.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Robinson's role long term seems weird..

Blount recruits Chicago, Green is a posts coach

• Agree
Reactions: tzjung

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Robinson's role long term seems weird..

Blount recruits Chicago, Green is a posts coach
May just be for continuity and keeping current players and recruits on board in the short term.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Can I ask why this is so huge? I just don't pay attention as much as I should to assistants etc. What does he bring that's so great?
Great evaluator of talent, great recruiter, strong background with player development and skilled Xs and Os guy. Really he is the complete package and would have been UNI's next head coach if Jacobson left

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Coach Green will be tasked with recruiting his hometown MSP. JR Blount will take Milwaukee. DRob has been successful in Chicago and the area. We all know COTZ and get players. Recruiting the upper MW should be fun.

I assume Lutz isn't coming since he wants an official assistant role?
Blount official?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I don't remember these guys very well to recall their style. It seemed like Egelseder was more old school, back to the basket and Tuttle more faced the basket.

Is there a distinct style of play for the UNI bigs? I know I have been sort of the outlier in a guard-dominated league with really good post play.
Egelseder could play but was one big ugly white dude. Had a little Iowa look too him. Fun guy to party with though.