Anyone else hearing that JP has already decided Prohm is coming back?

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Maybe that's JP's plan. Get coaches that suck so bad that the mediocre replacement seems like a god send. Maybe Matt Campbell isn't that good after all... The ABC song is really twinkle twinkle little star... Going swimming right after you eat doesn't increase your chances of drowning...bananas don't grow on trees... The pilgrams didn't land on plymouth rock.

Has anybody tried turning bosco off, and then back on again:prohm:

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Boy. Unless Stevens is really sick of coaching in the NBA, I just can’t see that at all.

Yeah I don't understand this at all. I don't think he'd be interested, but I also don't think Indiana would be willing to wait til late June to get him.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Steve will be shown the door this morning, the list of candidates is intriguing. Tj is at the bottom which I love.

tenor.gif

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Speaking of Minnesota, here's a local columnists discussion with several unidentified ex and current Div I coaches on the Gopher job including if it is a "good" job. The sort of candid coverage that doesn't really happen in Iowa. I would find someone asking the same sort of question about ISU to be interesting (less the discussion of the Barn part).

Fans, Williams Arena are a part of Gophers men's basketball coach's challenges

https://www.startribune.com/gophers-basketball-coach-challenges-fans-williams-arena/600034105/

Minnesota and Indiana are both coach shopping so we may be competing with them unless we opt for some easy hire and hope for the best.

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Just read that G. Barta stole Fran from us by giving him an extension and raise. :jimlad:

Yep. My biz partner (Hawk fan) just came to tell me - said he thought it would cheer me up knowing what I think of Fran. It did.

He also doesn't care for Fran. Thinks he got lucky af with Garza and that Weiskamp bled black and gold at birth.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Speaking of Minnesota, here's a local columnists discussion with several unidentified ex and current Div I coaches on the Gopher job including if it is a "good" job. The sort of candid coverage that doesn't really happen in Iowa. I would find someone asking the same sort of question about ISU to be interesting (less the discussion of the Barn part).

Fans, Williams Arena are a part of Gophers men's basketball coach's challenges

https://www.startribune.com/gophers-basketball-coach-challenges-fans-williams-arena/600034105/

Minnesota and Indiana are both coach shopping so we may be competing with them unless we opt for some easy hire and hope for the best.

You mean like this?

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
Touche. He was a lot more transparent than usual with regards to a coaching search.
He's said almost the same thing ever time he's done this. "Need momentum, need excitement, do things the right way, I'll be back with a coach" yada, yada, yada.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
He's said almost the same thing ever time he's done this. "Need momentum, need excitement, do things the right way, I'll be back with a coach" yada, yada, yada.

Ehh...he did a lot of lowering expectations for TJ. He said he won’t win the press conference. And other than saying Iowa State is his dream, I doubt he will. And he said it’ll take years and roster turnover to fix this.

I don’t think he did either with campbell.

Reactions: cyclonehomer