Big 12 Championship (March 6-7)

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
Other food for thought:
1. Kysen lost his first match by SV 7-5 to Finalist Lamont UVU (great experience & bright future --- I'm predicting he pulls a At Large invite)
2. Redding -- I'm buying "Fools Gold". Stud performance!
3. Degen -- he's a tough old veteran. I'm not saying he'll AA this year but I'll guarantee you nobody wants to be the guy that pulls him as a match. He's know for finding a way... which he did so again this tourney. Hope he continues to get healthier and improve.
4. Colbray - He's proven throughout his career that he can beat anybody and lose to anybody. I'm predicting another At Large invite here.
5. Coleman - He's looking the best I've ever seen him look. He gets my MVP vote for bonus point earned.
6. Parker, Carr, Gremmel - Good luck tonight, take care of business and let's see how this things shakes out.
7. THANK YOU & congrats to Dresser & Co (all the coaches) regardless of tonight's outcome -- I haven't had this much fun (and nerves) since Cael was at the helm. Keep coaching them up!

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Who needs to win tonight, from an ISU perspective:
125 - n/a
133 - Fix (OSU)
141 - Parker (ISU)
149 - Lewallen (OSU)
157 - Carr (ISU)
165 - Weber (NDSU)
174 - n/a
184 - Keckeisen (UNI)
197 - Buchanan (WYO)
HWT - Gremmel (ISU)

Without bonus, that's:
ISU 121.5
OSU 120
OU 120
Wyoming 109.5

If Moody (165) and Samuelson (184) win for Wyoming, then Ferrari/Buchanan and Gremmel/Andrews would decide the team title.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Who needs to win tonight, from an ISU perspective:
125 - n/a
133 - Fix (OSU)
141 - Parker (ISU)
149 - Lewallen (OSU)
157 - Carr (ISU)
165 - Weber (NDSU)
174 - n/a
184 - Keckeisen (UNI)
197 - Buchanan (WYO)
HWT - Gremmel (ISU)

Without bonus, that's:
ISU 121.5
OSU 120
OU 120
Wyoming 109.5

If Moody (165) and Samuelson (184) win for Wyoming, then Ferrari/Buchanan and Gremmel/Andrews would decide the team title.
What’s the bonus for major, TF and Fall again?

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
The killer was 65/74. You absolutely can not have BBQd wrestlers. Top programs don’t have this. We have a 2 weight hole that needs serious upgrades.
Blah, blah, blah. Murin went 0-2 for Iowa. OSU had 3 guys go 1-2. It's not that uncommon in conference tournaments. Judge was looking good in his first match and got caught. I'd love an upgrade, but I'm pretty happy with the progress Judge made this year. Broderson had a very tough draw. It does appear he regressed slightly as the year wore on. Wonder if he's cutting a lot of weight? I imagine he bumps to 84 next year. Colbray is the biggest disappointment to me. 5th year senior with as much raw talent as anyone in the country, just never seemed to put it together.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Blah, blah, blah. Murin went 0-2 for Iowa. OSU had 3 guys go 1-2. It's not that uncommon in conference tournaments. Judge was looking good in his first match and got caught. I'd love an upgrade, but I'm pretty happy with the progress Judge made this year. Broderson had a very tough draw. It does appear he regressed slightly as the year wore on. Wonder if he's cutting a lot of weight? I imagine he bumps to 84 next year. Colbray is the biggest disappointment to me. 5th year senior with as much raw talent as anyone in the country, just never seemed to put it together.
Irony of complaining that getting an 8 seed in a 12 team tournament is a bad draw......

Besides we need to become the tough draws for people.

Reactions: cyputz

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
I’m sure I’m the minority in saying this but who gives a **** what Iowa or OSU did. The fact we got zero points out of those two weights is all that matters to us.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I’m sure I’m the minority in saying this but who gives a **** what Iowa or OSU did. The fact we got zero points out of those two weights is all that matters to us.
If you’re in the minority, so am I.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Oklahoma deserves a lot of credit. They’ve showed up and performed this weekend. In no way did I think they’d be in it to win it. This has been an awesome weekend of wrestling and good work to the top 4 teams for making this fun. This is what Big12 wrestling should be about.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Oklahoma deserves a lot of credit. They’ve showed up and performed this weekend. In no way did I think they’d be in it to win it. This has been an awesome weekend of wrestling and good work to the top 4 teams for making this fun. This is what Big12 wrestling should be about.
No doubt. Anyone woulda told me that OU would be leading into the finals and Wyoming would have 4 wrestling tonight I would said pass that stuff!

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
I think he was responding to the person who said “top programs don’t have this” by showing examples of top programs that did have this.