Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Rebel

Nov 23, 2020
ISU fans always have much higher expectations for Iowa sports than they do ISU's sports.

Based on the poll results of this thread, almost 60% of ISU fans that dont think the season will end prematurely because of the pandemic think this ISU team is good enough for a postseason berth.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
ISU fans always have much higher expectations for Iowa sports than they do ISU's sports.

I’m flabbergasted that there are ISU fans still making excuses for Prohm at this point. He has taken everything Fred built and burnt it all to the ground.

• Dumb
Reactions: cycloner29

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
That team was a 4 seed and made the Sweet 16. It's not like they were a preseason top 3 team

So according to you they disappointed. They should have been a #2 seed and made at least the Elite 8 as preseason #7. You didn’t seem mad at him for that season tho, why is that?

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
@CyTwins you hearing some rumblings that Xavier is already regretting coming to Ames? High 4* stud getting little to no playing time, guess he is pretty frustrated. Heard Prohm isn’t very happy about His Twitter likes last night as well.

• Dumb
Reactions: cycloner29

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Listen, I dislike Iowa as much as the next guy, but I'm rooting for them this year. It's hard not to. Group that's stuck together, works hard, plays a fun brand of basketball.

I think it's probably best if Iowa State fans just sit this argument out this year. Our program is a tire fire and Iowa has a good, fun team. Top 3? Maybe not. Top 10? Who knows. But a good, fun team.

Just let it be.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Me neither actually. Thought it was crazy for someone to say 13-7 in the best conference in all of basketball was fireable.
If Iowa goes 13-7 in the Big Ten there will be plenty of Iowa fans wanting him fired, especially with that conference schedule

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
@CyTwins you hearing some rumblings that Xavier is already regretting coming to Ames? High 4* stud getting little to no playing time, guess he is pretty frustrated. Heard Prohm isn’t very happy about His Twitter likes last night as well.

I struggle to see how him not getting playing time over Conditt can be anything but a very bad sign.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
None and as you know if he was regretting his decision I would know about it.

He wasn't a high 4 star

Prohm isn't frustrated with him he's barely even practiced this year

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I got Iowa at 19-8 (13-7)
I think that's where I'm at. People will be upset with it but that's a 4 or 5 seed. How can we be upset with that. If we had the normal 3 to 4 more cupcakes 23-8 would look better on paper but wouldn't do anything for us on selection Sunday.

Reactions: Legend Hawk

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
None and as you know if he was regretting his decision I would know about it.

He wasn't a high 4 star

Prohm isn't frustrated with him he's barely even practiced this year

Fosters Twitter activity last night said something different.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

CRCySpy

Oct 16, 2020
Cedar Rapids, IA
I think that's where I'm at. People will be upset with it but that's a 4 or 5 seed. How can we be upset with that. If we had the normal 3 to 4 more cupcakes 23-8 would look better on paper but wouldn't do anything for us on selection Sunday.
How can Iowa fans be upset with a 4 or 5 seed? Garza was is diapers the last time the Hawks made a "Sweet 16". Once Luka leaves Iowa will be a perennial bubble team again.