Moderna vaccine news

Status
Not open for further replies.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'm being crass and callus but I saw something today where obese people are possibly being considered for being up there in the receiving line.

Talk about participation trophy culture.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
I'm being crass and callus but I saw something today where obese people are possibly being considered for being up there in the receiving line.

Considering most deaths and extended ICU stays are coming from old people and those that are overweight/heart disease/diabetic it completely makes sense for them to be at the top of the list after healthcare workers and the elderly.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
5333.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Cy$

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
I’m extremely interested in the social response to the vaccines.

For example, how soon after the vaccine is available will my office open back up? Will someone have to receive the vaccine to be allowed back to the office? Etc. etc.

• Agree
Reactions: bawbie and Angie

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
How fat do I gotta get to get me a vaccine? I have plenty of Thanksgiving leftovers to get this going

Reactions: DurangoCy

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
I’m extremely interested in the social response to the vaccines.

For example, how soon after the vaccine is available will my office open back up? Will someone have to receive the vaccine to be allowed back to the office? Etc. etc.

Me too, hopefully we'll get restaurants/travel/events going again. I'm all for elderly, medical professionals and then starting down the line of the most at risk (aka fatties) vaccinated sooner vs. later. Per most of the models/projections I'm seeing there could be 20,000,000 doses of vaccine/month. Combine that with the infections, and it looks like we could start to see 50% saturation (infected or vaccinated) by May with 70%-80% by August.

We're in for a long winter, but I would expect that by Memorial Day we might be trending towards "normal". I've been telling my team that March/April before we might be back in office, but that's probably too optimistic right now. What a **** year... :(

Reactions: Aclone

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
All the toilet paper hoarders should be last.

True story. My wife and I were walking thru the neighborhood last week and one of my neighbors left their garage door open. I bet there was 10 costco size bundles of toilet paper covering an entire wall... It would take us 2-3 years to use that much teepee.. we laughed

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Healthcare workers are the ones receiving it now. First shot is nothing, but told that the second shot takes people out for two days. Not sure which one the workers were getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron