Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I can say that mine probably don’t. We don’t have any that I can think of. When I go to blue earth, MN I curse theirs because they are the only ones and taking a combine through one sucks. I would say drive time is where they would work in them.

LOL is that you I was following this fall? Yeah they don't fit very well.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
LOL is that you I was following this fall? Yeah they don't fit very well.
I always drop the head and going to the dealership is 1/4 of the ways round. Going home I get to cover the other 3/4 which is interesting. People freak out when they see me also, come on it’s a town of 3500, it’s not like it’s downtown Des Moines and even then they probably have seen a few on a the road somewhere.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Marion has put in a few roundabouts with a few more planned. I like them. The county/DOT also put one in on County Home Road this year as a part of their upgrades to it. It is great now but it wouldn't need to carry that much traffic if they would just finish Tower Terrace like they have been planning for decades.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
What I don't get is how people can't realize that Thanksgiving and Xmas are just one day and you can plan to get together with people at other times, especially with a vaccine coming along. How about a celebration in the summer if everyone makes it through?

You can also be thankful any day and you can celebrate whatever it is you view Xmas as any day.

I had to tell my dad this weekend that if people are getting together for Xmas, I won't be there, and I won't be around until one of us has gotten the vaccine or I find more information regarding my case and immunity. It was hard but they (Dad and his friends) simply haven't been careful and I'm not going to jeopardize getting someone else sick.

Edit: also has to do with not getting THEM sick as Covid closes in on more areas.

Because some people (my mom and the gfs dad) think its not the holiday unless we meet on the day.

Thats a different conversation though.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Marion has put in a few roundabouts with a few more planned. I like them. The county/DOT also put one in on County Home Road this year as a part of their upgrades to it. It is great now but it wouldn't need to carry that much traffic if they would just finish Tower Terrace like they have been planning for decades.

Is that finally done? We take CHR going back and forth between home and our parents places. That detour is annoying.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Is that finally done? We take CHR going back and forth between home and our parents places. That detour is annoying.

Just reopened last week. One more phase left for next year to finish the whole project. I agree this years detour was stupid.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
I always drop the head and going to the dealership is 1/4 of the ways round. Going home I get to cover the other 3/4 which is interesting. People freak out when they see me also, come on it’s a town of 3500, it’s not like it’s downtown Des Moines and even then they probably have seen a few on a the road somewhere.
You should give your combine a new paint job...

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So....seeing that I get to deep fry this turkey, how do I do it? I know that I should stick the bird in my the fryer with water and see how full of oil it should be before I do anything, but everything I’ve seen says peanut oil (I honestly can’t take things fried in peanut oil, something I picked up with lactose intolerance). So I can cook it and eat the ham and have the wife mad at me or eat the turkey and regret it for 24 hours. I’m pretty much screwed either way.

It says to put the oil to 350 degrees, is there a thermometer that I dip in there to see the temp? Not fond of being that close to burning oil

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Because some people (my mom and the gfs dad) think its not the holiday unless we meet on the day.

Thats a different conversation though.

Well yeah, obviously.

Funny enough Thanksgiving isn't even on the same date every year, or even necessarily in the same week. And I have all sorts of thought's on J.C.'s big day.

I've had plenty of family/holiday get togethers that were dwindled down or moved due to people being sick, weather, whatever, and amazingly, we all were fine.

• Agree
Reactions: cmjh10

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Well yeah, obviously.

Funny enough Thanksgiving isn't even on the same date every year, or even necessarily in the same week. And I have all sorts of thought's on J.C.'s big day.

I've had plenty of family/holiday get togethers that were dwindled down or moved due to people being sick, weather, whatever, and amazingly, we all were fine.

Yeah, it always a fight every year with the holidays. Im glad we arent dealing with it for Thanksgiving at least.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Well yeah, obviously.

Is it JCs birthday? Hey JC how is the the swingers club holding up through this?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Is it JCs birthday? Hey JC how is the the swingers club holding up through this?

I found out last summer that in one of the small towns near where I grew up, there was a swingers club of some sort. I knew at least 3 people involved in it.

Apparently the end result was pretty bad for a couple of relationships. Who'd a thunk?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I found out last summer that in one of the small towns near where I grew up, there was a swingers club of some sort. I knew at least 3 people involved in it.

Apparently the end result was pretty bad for a couple of relationships. Who'd a thunk?

We had a couple who were members of our church in name only. All of a sudden, he starts coming regularly and it turns out that they were in a swingers group a town away and he wanted to quit but she enjoyed it too much so they split. He has since remarried, not sure if she was in it. It’s just not my thing I guess, don’t see the attraction to it.

• Agree
Reactions: BuffettClone

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Got a lot done this weekend while still relaxing and watching every moment of the beat down.

Took some stuff out to the landfill on Saturday and it continues to be very busy. There are areas that early this year there was nothing are now piled high. I wonder how many years of it's lifespan have been lost due to the two major storms.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Got a lot done this weekend while still relaxing and watching every moment of the beat down.

Took some stuff out to the landfill on Saturday and it continues to be very busy. There are areas that early this year there was nothing are now piled high. I wonder how many years of it's lifespan have been lost due to the two major storms.
The wood and stuff like that should decompose quickly in a landfill. The issue would be shingles or vinyl siding stuff.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
The wood and stuff like that should decompose quickly in a landfill. The issue would be shingles or vinyl siding stuff.

Especially with the hail storm there are thousands of houses worth of shingles out there now.

Tree debris is at different locations. According to the city 2.8 million cubic yards of tree debris has been removed thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron