Not open for further replies.

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
This part of the article sounds especially promising:

"The preliminary results showed that the vaccine — ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 — prompted what's known as a "T-cell response" within 14 days of the first dose and an antibody response within 28 days of the booster dose. Scientists expect T-cell responses to play a role in long-term immunity against the virus." Bold added for emphasis.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ScottyP and Acylum

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

I don't think it's much question that they'll be effective at least. It's just distribution etc.

I read somewhere a while ago that the actual construct of these was a slam dunk compared to others but I can't recall why...may have had to do with the foundation of the SARS vaccine that got shelved because it faded.

CloneJD

May 14, 2020
Does any body have an estimate as to when Emergency Use Authorization is requested (this week or next) and when the FDA gives approval? Is that a matter of days or are we waiting until the end of the year before FDA signs off?

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Does any body have an estimate as to when Emergency Use Authorization is requested (this week or next) and when the FDA gives approval? Is that a matter of days or are we waiting until the end of the year before FDA signs off?

I think yesterday on CNBC, they were saying the FDA board (or what ever committee that does these things) has told their people to expect to meet December 10th for both Pfizer and Moderna. I would assume the decision would be made that day for distribution shortly thereafter.

kcbob79clone

I think yesterday on CNBC, they were saying the FDA board (or what ever committee that does these things) has told their people to expect to meet December 10th for both Pfizer and Moderna. I would assume the decision would be made that day for distribution shortly thereafter.

Alex, I'll take "Why I hate bureaucracy for $1000"

Why wait?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

It's people breathing, laughing, talking and coughing around each other. There's no reason to be on month 9 of a national Windex shortage.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I can quibble about dueling mask studies, but end of day, I'm not qualified to make that call AND masks are no big deal. And if it helps the broader public feel safer than that's a win. I think it's mostly optics personally, but we have a mandate here in CO and I've usually been a rule follower.

I'll never understand what is and isn't allowed in this thread.

• Agree
Reactions: SpokaneCY

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Hey Mods--It would be a public service for clonechemist's response to be somehow at least transferred to the cave. It was well-reasoned and spot on and was in direct response to statements made by another poster, some of which have not been excised. I agree that the moderation is really good, but I think people in each "tribe" are having difficulty seeing the cavishness of some of their own tribe members' posts. That's human nature and none of us are above it.

Is it ok to suggest wearing a mask is just useless optics? It seems that's allowed. That seems drastically less scientific than the data driven informative posting of clonechemist.

I really will never understand the "rules" of this thread.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
I posted the results of a randomized controlled trial. I think that's newsworthy.
That part's fine. Spare us your "expert" analysis. We don't require it. Post the studies by all means. No one in this thread needs my opinions. No one in this thread needs yours. either. The place to get into that is where you fear to tread, coward.

Reactions: clonechemist

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Our youngest child's daycare is not mask mandating the children but after the latest governor proclamation along with recommendations by DHS and the State Health Department who are strongly encouraging kids age 3 years and older wear masks we sent our 3.5 year old with a mask on today. My wife made a comment that it will be interesting to see if the mask possibly helps out with not getting all the other crap that you usually goes around daycare too around this time of the year like the colds, coughs, runny noses, viral bugs/flus etc that daycare centers are known germ factories for.

I'm tired of the mask debates and if they are effective or not. I would rather wear one and eventually be proven wrong that they aren't effective at all than to be careless and not wear one and possibly add to the mess we already are in with this pandemic. I already had 1 exposure this summer to covid that I'm pretty sure the social distancing and mask wearing our group of 10 did probably saved us from getting it too. One of the guys in the group was a healthy and fit guy that had no symptoms of covid at the time and just days later started to develop some mild symptoms and tested positive. My initial reaction was shock then I started to replay in my mind if I had possibly come into any incidental contact with him or anything he may have handled or touched. Whatever we have all been doing up until this point it is becoming obvious that some need to take things more seriously to help get the numbers down. People who have other medical conditions or emergencies are going to also be at risk of not getting prompt health care if we don't.

This is great perspective.

We also need to stop pretending like we're the first advanced modern technological nation to deal with dangerous viral outbreak recently.

My perspective has been shaped greatly by friends, family and coworkers in Taiwan, South Korea and Vietnam and their experiences and knowledge over the past 20 years or so.

kcbob79clone

Status
Not open for further replies.