Tight End U

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Twins got jealous of Iowa getting hype as TEU when TJ and Fant drafted and all the draft guys were talking about how Iowa is TEU. ISU proceeded to have a good year with TE’s last year and Twins now tries to claim TEU. He also believes Butler was a TE developed by Campbell when in fact, he wasn’t.
If you don't think ISU is currently TEU, RBU and probably QBU, then I don't know what to tell ya. I would probably throw in Kick Return U as well.

Busch__Latte

Sep 17, 2020
Kittle is an incredible TE but beyond that, I can't think of any Hawkeyes who have had success in the NFL. Hockenson and Fant have both been busts. Am I missing anyone?
Hockenson has looked good at times but will also go long stretches of never getting the ball. I would say he's a bust for where he was picked at.

Fant has put up okay numbers, just not what you would want from a 20th overall pick.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Kittle is an incredible TE but beyond that, I can't think of any Hawkeyes who have had success in the NFL. Hockenson and Fant have both been busts. Am I missing anyone?
I wouldn’t call either of them a bust.
Yanda was outstanding, a HOFer IMO.
Bulaga is really good.
Clayborn’s had a nice career.

Edit: crap you mean TEs only. Chandler stuck around.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
All of these guys had nice careers in the NFL (will soon include Hockenson and Fant)

Zeron Flemister
Dallas Clark
Scott Chandler
Tony Moeaki
Brandon Myers
CJ Fiedorowicz
George Kittle

And that doesn't even include the ones that had nice careers at Iowa with these guys:

Hockenson
Fant
Reisner
Krieger-Coble
Jake Duzey

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
All of these guys had nice careers in the NFL (will soon include Hockenson and Fant)

Zeron Flemister
Dallas Clark
Scott Chandler
Tony Moeaki
Brandon Myers
CJ Fiedorowicz
George Kittle

And that doesn't even include the ones that had nice careers at Iowa with these guys:

Hockenson
Fant
Reisner
Krieger-Coble
Jake Duzey
Saying Moeaki had a nice career in the NFL is a stretch.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
It isn't my fault the Big12 is so bad this year. Your boy Sagarin says the Big12 is closer to being the Sun Belt East than it is to the Pac12 South.

It’s still early, but right now Sagarin has this year‘s Big XII as the 3rd worst P5 conference in the history of the Sagarin ratings (which dates back to the 1998-99 season). The only two P5 conference seasons that have been worse since 1998 belong to the ACC - in the 2011-12 and 2019-20 seasons. The Big XII is historically bad this year.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
It’s still early, but right now Sagarin has this year‘s Big XII as the 3rd worst P5 conference in the history of the Sagarin ratings (which dates back to the 1998-99 season). The only two P5 conference seasons that have been worse since 1998 belong to the ACC - in the 2011-12 and 2019-20 seasons. The Big XII is historically bad this year.
This is incredibly wrong

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
How much time did you spend on that?

Busch__Latte

Sep 17, 2020
No, Sagarin ratings are ****** up because half of the teams haven't played a game yet and losses to sunbelt teams didn't help. Did you know Sagarin ranks UNI higher than Tech (and NDSU)? The system is a joke right now.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
No, Sagarin ratings are ****** up because half of the teams haven't played a game yet and losses to sunbelt teams didn't help. Did you know Sagarin ranks UNI higher than Tech (and NDSU)? The system is a joke right now.

Hence the “it’s still early” disclaimer. I know the FCS teams aren’t playing until the spring, but UNI and NDSU (and likely a handful of other FCS teams) are almost certainly better than Texas Tech this year.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Hence the “it’s still early” disclaimer. I know the FCS teams aren’t playing until the spring, but UNI and NDSU (and likely a handful of other FCS teams) are almost certainly better than Texas Tech this year.
How much time did you spend on something that you have to give a disclaimer for?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Oh, and just an FYI, over all the years, usernames, and condescension you've had, you'd absolutely call someone an idiot for the NDSU thing. They have in fact played a game.

Reactions: CyTwins