All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Iowa's projected to be a .500 team and will be a double digit favorite. Purdue isn't a top 20 team lol
Life is tough in the Big 10. When a team like Purdue can roll out a pair of receivers like Moore and Bell, they always have a chance.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Man, the life of Purdue. Get to avoid TOSU, PSU, Michigan because their cross games will be Rutgers and Indiana. Woof.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Iowa: 4-4
Weird season is weird. Drop PSU and Wisconsin for sure. Probably Minnesota and another team, I’ll throw Nebraska in there for now. Nebraska has the talent and that fan base might mutiny if they lose 6 straight to us. If not Neb, probably Purdue in a shootout. Not thrilled with the prediction, but Iowa has lost so much talent early the last few years, going to be some growing pains. Whatever, just happy football is back.

ISU: 7-2 ???
Don’t know enough about them or the conference. Texas looks good, who knows how consistent they’ll be (like usual). Oklahoma is king, and should be loaded again. I thought OSU would be good, but they looked like **** in their first game. TCU was supposed to be average, but they’re getting an auto L today since it’s their first game. Rest of the conference is pretty rough. Should be a good season and bowl for ISU.

Reactions: Legend Hawk

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
That's kinda my point.... you say they're going to go 5-3... but you talk like they're going to be 7-1.

I don't think it's unusual though. I think most fans have inflated views of their teams.... that's pretty natural. I just think CyTwins and most Iowa fans have even more inflated views of their teams than most do.

How am I talking like I think Iowa will be 7-1? I said I think Iowa will go 5-3, because I don't think they will be some great team this year. Too much to replace on the DL, the secondary is a question, and we have a new QB. That isn't a recipe for some great year.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Weird season is weird. Drop PSU and Wisconsin for sure. Probably Minnesota and another team, I’ll throw Nebraska in there for now. Nebraska has the talent and that fan base might mutiny if they lose 6 straight to us. If not Neb, probably Purdue in a shootout. Not thrilled with the prediction, but Iowa has lost so much talent early the last few years, going to be some growing pains. Whatever, just happy football is back.

Don’t know enough about them or the conference. Texas looks good, who knows how consistent they’ll be (like usual). Oklahoma is king, and should be loaded again. I thought OSU would be good, but they looked like **** in their first game. TCU was supposed to be average, but they’re getting an auto L today since it’s their first game. Rest of the conference is pretty rough. Should be a good season and bowl for ISU.

I hope Iowa doesn't find a way to lose 4, but it is a possibility for sure. I gave ISU 3 losses, but I think that is the absolute floor for them with how bad that conference is this year.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
How am I talking like I think Iowa will be 7-1? I said I think Iowa will go 5-3, because I don't think they will be some great team this year. Too much to replace on the DL, the secondary is a question, and we have a new QB. That isn't a recipe for some great year.
I’m pretty sure you know what you said. Predicted 5-3, loses to X, Y, and Z. And then had the audacity to not predict a game that isn’t set yet.

Obviously you implied Iowa was going 7-1 with all the extra fluff you added. Don’t deny it.

Reactions: CyTwins

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

Strong take, but FYI Iowa does play 9 games.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I'll give an honest assessment.
I think IA splits @Minny and vs Sconnie at home.
I think they lose at PSU.
I think the rest of the schedule is manageable and I honestly think they have better players than the rest of those teams.
I think Covid football life will bode well for coaches who can weather the interruptions and I think Kirk can do that.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I'll give an honest assessment.
I think IA splits @Minny and vs Sconnie at home.
I think they lose at PSU.
I think the rest of the schedule is manageable and I honestly think they have better players than the rest of those teams.
I think Covid football life will bode well for coaches who can weather the interruptions and I think Kirk can do that.

Man I hope you are right. I just think the D takes a step back without AJ this year. If they can go 6-2 and beat Sconnie, they might be in the championship game.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Gotcha. You want me to pick a TBD game.

Who wins - ISU or ACC team?
I mean, I think Iowa finishes the upper side of the West, so I think it would be someone like PSU or Michigan. (Logically most people probably have Sconnie vs TOSU for 9th game)

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
Purdue's defense is terrible and they're facing bad offenses. Big 12 offenses are significantly better than what the Big Ten trots out there
According to this the Big Ten has 4 teams in the top 30 for total offense last year and the Big 12 only has three. That’s pretty good for a “offensive optional” league.

Help Support Us

Become a patron