Will ISU change their mind on fans in the stands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
This is an important fact that won't get the respect it deserves.
Does that mean that people from my county should be let in and no questions asked but be quarantined when we get home since story county people can’t get things right? My county is barely 2% with in person classes, and barely nothing was changed. We just know how to distance better apparently.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Does that mean that people from my county should be let in and no questions asked but be quarantined when we get home since story county people can’t get things right? My county is barely 2% with in person classes, and barely nothing was changed. We just know how to distance better apparently.

Story county was 1% a little over a month ago but then something happened.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

I doubt it. ISU isn't comprised totally of Ames kids. We don't need the state travelling here to bury our town.
Add that the kids are starting in-person school today, and Ames is a little too volatile to be welcoming football crowds.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I doubt it. ISU isn't comprised totally of Ames kids. We don't need the state travelling here to bury our town.
Add that the kids are starting in-person school today, and Ames is a little too volatile to be welcoming football crowds.
I think it is more of a danger for my county people to go to Ames at this point than the other way around.

• Winner
Reactions: TykeClone

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
they need to find a way to have students there IMO.

I liked how Notre Dame went with all students, I thought that was pretty cool. JP isn't going to do that to the donors though...

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Although the CDC has lost a lot of credibility under this administration, these changes will certainly hurt the possibilities of fans.

Was this method of transmission ever in question?
So the official new stance is "welp, those airborne particulates *might* travel more than 6 feet." Well no shite, haha. Were some of our citizens under the impression a virus was strictly obeying a 6 foot social distancing protocol?

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and flycy

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Your county brought in over 20,000 new potential spreaders that are bad at social distancing?
Nope. Neither did Story county. Remember they are considered on the census rolls. You can’t take credit in one spot and the. Not in another. So i have a feeling that your 1% that you mentioned was off because several of these Ames residents who were summering in other counties were counting against other counties and not Story.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Nope. Neither did Story county. Remember they are considered on the census rolls. You can’t take credit in one spot and the. Not in another. So i have a feeling that your 1% that you mentioned was off because several of these Ames residents who were summering in other counties were counting against other counties and not Story.

What? You lost me. The people that are testing positive exist and are real people. They aren't pretend.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Was this method of transmission ever in question?
So the official new stance is "welp, those airborne particulates *might* travel more than 6 feet." Well no shite, haha. Were some of our citizens under the impression a virus was strictly obeying a 6 foot social distancing protocol?
Well - I agree with you. This should not be a surprise, nor should it have taken the CDC so long to acknowledge it.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
The one group I think you can count on to NOT following distancing guidelines is college students. I don't know if that's an argument to have no students at JTS, or only students at JTS. But I feel like mixing students, who will be drunk and mixing, and donors, who will skew older and at higher risk, is not optimal.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
What? You lost me. The people that are testing positive exist and are real people. They aren't pretend.

Remember our previous discussion where we tried to figure out the actual number that story county should be raised to find the population they should be divided by? My county disaster guy said the University counties weren't including the students in the population, you correctly informed me that nearly all were. So, if my son is home during the summer (Ames counted him as a resident) and he gets Covid, where do you think he was probably listed as a positive case. I'm betting most of these kids use their parents health insurance and addresses, so in essence Story county was not getting those student cases while they were living at home but dividing by a much larger number.
Just basic math.

• Dumb
Reactions: isufbcurt

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Remember our previous discussion where we tried to figure out the actual number that story county should be raised to find the population they should be divided by? My county disaster guy said the University counties weren't including the students in the population, you correctly informed me that nearly all were. So, if my son is home during the summer (Ames counted him as a resident) and he gets Covid, where do you think he was probably listed as a positive case. I'm betting most of these kids use their parents health insurance and addresses, so in essence Story county was not getting those student cases while they were living at home but dividing by a much larger number.

Just basic math.

Positivity rate is positive tests divided by total tests. It's independent of population.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

Just basic math.

You're obfuscating the **** out of things here.
Sorry that COVID is inconvenient for you.

• Wow
Reactions: Macloney

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Positivity rate is positive tests divided by total tests. It's independent of population.

Yep, but there are a lot of kids out there that were counting into other counties. The point is, you really don't know the true story county numbers were because many were happening in other counties. It could have been 0.1% or 10% depending on how many of them were actually testing. From my experience, they are some of the last ones to go get tested unless they feel some stronger symptoms or get contact tracing, so they probably raised the other counties positive numbers and would have story numbers if they had been counted right. Hopefully I explained it better now.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
You're obfuscating the **** out of things here.
Sorry that COVID is inconvenient for you.

Never said it was inconvenient, hasn't really affected me much because many of the things I have done, required me to wear a mask. Many of my jobs have me by myself and I was socially distancing before it was a thing because I don't like groups and prefer to have people give me distance. You can keep deflecting some of your anger towards me, I'm used to it from being in management, but that is what it basically is deflection.

• Winner
Reactions: CyclonesRock
Status
Not open for further replies.