Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

This isn't at all surprising. The "review" is still ongoing and there are far too many stories to acknowledge individually.

A question that I have pertains to the decision of who to fire if they do find information proving Kirk knew about these incidents.. What happens?

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
This isn't at all surprising. The "review" is still ongoing and there are far too many stories to acknowledge individually.

A question that I have pertains to the decision of who to fire if they do find information proving Kirk knew about these incidents.. What happens?
Come on, we all know what will/would happen. Absolutely nothing. He'd issue and "apology", promise to do better and "be a leader for change and equality", MAYBE be fined by the school, then move on.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I've not read every page of this thread but when did things go from an "Independent Investigation" to being an "Independent Review" ?

Review sounds like something you write on Amazon or Google after buying a toaster or power drill. So, if the review give Kirk 3 or more stars everything is status quo?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I've not read every page of this thread but when did things go from an "Independent Investigation" to being an "Independent Review" ?

Review sounds like something you write on Amazon or Google after buying a toaster or power drill. So, if the review give Kirk 3 or more stars everything is status quo?
As Iowa has been putting out statements regarding the constant allegations being brought forth, they've switched their terminology when speaking about their "review/investigation".

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'm sure some PR firm is trying to damage control this, and that was one thing they wanted to change.

"Investigation" implies wrongdoing.
"Review" does not imply wrongdoing.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I'll never understand why some people think that their experiences = everyone's experiences. I mean, it's great that you as a white dude didn't have issues with racism while at Iowa, but believe it or not, MANY others did. And also, you don't know every story but you just know there's "so much VS out there". Doosh.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I'll never understand why some people think that their experiences = everyone's experiences. I mean, it's great that you as a white dude didn't have issues with racism while at Iowa, but believe it or not, MANY others did. And also, you don't know every story but you just know there's "so much VS out there". Doosh.

I found this tweet, by the way, via David Eickholt (247 mod on Iowa's site), started a thread to reference this post. Then, he posted Lamar Stevens' "rebuttal" to Bolton's statement. Real winner, that guy.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

Posts like Tyler's are dumb. Don't elude, just say what's going on.
Vagueness is just lazy.

Gorm

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Never heard this washed walkons podcast before. Listening to 126 now, and, the first 10 minutes has just been ripping Robert T Greene and nothing else. Coming off as huge Hawk homers at least so far.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Never heard this washed walkons podcast before. Listening to 126 now, and, the first 10 minutes has just been ripping Robert T Greene and nothing else. Coming off as huge Hawk homers at least so far.
Does anyone know the race of each podcaster?

Gorm

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
This card food system thing that got shut off. Sounds like that is a computer system. I'm guessing, like most computer system, it keeps logs. Sounds like a future FOIA request for Rob Howe.

Gorm

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Does anyone know the race of each podcaster?

I checked as I was curious. Not sure it matters, but it does look like all three are white.

This thing is getting tough to listen to. They clearly have a side in this. "They can't just come out and start saying Sh.." - That quote seems puzzling.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Count me as shocked that those that were favored by Kirk and Co. seem to believe that everyone elses experience would be identical to theirs...

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I checked as I was curious. Not sure it matters, but it does look like all three are white.

This thing is getting tough to listen to. They clearly have a side in this. "They can't just come out and start saying Sh.." - That quote seems puzzling.
I honestly thought so. Doesn't surprise me one bit they had different experiences as well as never saw anything bad going on.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Lol oh my God
There's a good chance that

1.) one of the new Hawkeye accounts on here is Jade

2.) both that account and their account on here could be ran by someone within Iowa or someone that's connected to someone within Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.