If you had to pick up and move where would you go?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Where would you move?

• Northeast

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Mid-Atlantic

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • Southeast

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • Midwest

Votes: 36 14.7%
  • Rocky Mountains

Votes: 91 37.1%
  • Texas

Votes: 8 3.3%
  • Southwest

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • Pacific Northwest

Votes: 43 17.6%
  • Nor-Cal

Votes: 8 3.3%
  • So-Cal

Votes: 13 5.3%

• Total voters

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
So with all the economic uncertainty right now my wife and I were talking the other night about this. If we had to pick up and move where would we go? Both of us have traveled a lot but never lived anywhere but the Midwest and I wouldn't mind doing something different. Personally I'd pick either Texas, the area around Austin specifically or somewhere in the Pacific Northwest. I like Austin for the food scene and I'd spend a lot of time watching races at COTA. I like the Pacific Northwest because you're a couple hours drive from mountains and the ocean.

So where would you go and why? Just for the sake of simplicity I'm keeping the poll to just the US but some days moving to Europe sounds appealing.

On a side note my wife and I both work for the same company and this might actually be something we have to consider based on the doom and gloom coming out of leadership.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Ever since I visited New York City, I always thought that's where I should live. I'm sure it would grow tiresome after a while and it's way too expensive, but I wouldn't mind living there on someone else's dime for about a year or two.

Reactions: Chitownclone2

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Does this include still working?

NE Iowa or Upper, upper midwest, WI or U.P. along Lake Superior.

Seems anywhere I visit is overpopulated and I have no desire for it.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Pacific NW.

If it weren't the midwest I'd be for this. Somewhere in the Coastal Range of Oregon.

Oooh, and Montana.

So there are other places I'd go. They would all still include low populations though, haha.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Ever since I visited New York City, I always thought that's where I should live. I'm sure it would grow tiresome after a while and it's way too expensive, but I wouldn't mind living there on someone else's dime for about a year or two.

You might get a lot of crap for it on this board because the demographics skew towards midwest and more rural for obvious reasons. But I completely agree. Something about NYC is enticing. Don't know if I would want to do it because of the costs but everything else about it I could do no problem.

Reactions: Angie

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
So with all the economic uncertainty right now my wife and I were talking the other night about this. If we had to pick up and move where would we go? Both of us have traveled a lot but never lived anywhere but the Midwest and I wouldn't mind doing something different. Personally I'd pick either Texas, the area around Austin specifically or somewhere in the Pacific Northwest. I like Austin for the food scene and I'd spend a lot of time watching races at COTA. I like the Pacific Northwest because you're a couple hours drive from mountains and the ocean.

So where would you go and why? Just for the sake of simplicity I'm keeping the poll to just the US but some days moving to Europe sounds appealing.

On a side note my wife and I both work for the same company and this might actually be something we have to consider based on the doom and gloom coming out of leadership.
PnW is absolutely beautiful - on a good day. I lived in Seattle for 4 years, but had a really tough time in the winters there. The closest analogy I have is think of is an overcast November day in Iowa, then have that be the default weather from Halloween until the 4th of July. I’m not kidding.

Also, the ocean is nearby, but... it’s not really set up for a prototypical beach day. The water is freezing cold to the point where I’m not sure you want to go in without a wetsuit.

The mountains are absolutely perfect, though!

Reactions: Angie

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
Can I move around during the year?

Jan - Feb - Hilton (just let me camp in Johnny's to avoid the cold walk in from he parking lot)
March - Kansas City through B12 tournament then Vegas for NCAA tournament
April - Use this month to travel
May-June - Minnesota Fishing
July - Glacier National Park
August - Sept - Pacific NW for fresh hop season
Sept - Nov - Jack Trice parking Lot
Dec - Where every family is