Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more follow up. I got it off the America Needs Equality site so I'm not sure when it was said.
  • Marc Morehouse, CR Gazette - UofI Sports Writer
    • "This culture has always been borderline bully, fully military and aggressive against black culture."

When a reporter who has been hanging around the Iowa football program says this, it's pretty bad. Next time a Hawk fan uses the words "Class" and "Ferentz" in the same sentence I'm gonna punch them in the mouth.

Reactions: aauummm

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more follow up. I got it off the America Needs Equality site so I'm not sure when it was said.
    • "This culture has always been borderline bully, fully military and aggressive against black culture."

When a reporter who has been hanging around the Iowa football program says this, it's pretty bad. Next time a Hawk fan uses the words "Class" and "Ferentz" in the same sentence I'm gonna punch them in the mouth.
Kirk's entire brand of "The Iowa Way" and all that bulls*** has been exposed. He'll never get that back. Everyone knows his true colors and who he truly is.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Anyone listening to KXNO? Anything about this? Or still protecting the mothership?
Not listening, but they won't dive deep into this. They've been told not to believe Wadley, or DJK, or literally any former player who's accusations are the most serious.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
It's extremely sad how quickly the local media beyond Howe wanted to sweep this under the rug so they could get back to sucking up to Iowa.
This issue I have is that local media took the two halfhearted press conference as gospel and tried to never even mention it again. I listened to Murph and Andy the whole week after this broke and it was maybe 25% of what they talked about over the course of the week (more coverage early in the week, almost no mention at the end). You are telling me that during a pandemic when there is literally no other sports happening, that this local breaking story gets less than 25% of discussion on a sports talk show?

Even when it was the dominant talking point in their show early in the week they kept saying things like "let's wait for the facts" and "knowing Kirk Ferentz, more good will come to Iowa football and College Football from this and Iowa will be at the forefront of change." Are you kidding me?

The week after, Andy Fales shamed anyone on Twitter who questioned why they weren't covering it anymore. I was going to link but It appears he deleted them. Basically if someone who had anything ISU in their profile picture questioned their coverage he would respond with "ISU fan hot take!". He may not have wanted to further prove that Iowa football is the local media's cash cow and they don't want to report anything that can hurt their share in covering Iowa footbal or lose their media access. Let's not forget Iowa Athletics has a history for reducing access for media who writes something that doesn't put Iowa in the best light.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Not listening, but they won't dive deep into this. They've been told not to believe Wadley, or DJK, or literally any former player who's accusations are the most serious.
They cannot ignore screenshots of text messages, right? For anything else, no but for Iowa football we can turn a blind eye.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
They cannot ignore screenshots of text messages, right? For anything else, no but for Iowa football we can turn a blind eye.
Oh they can and they will. The burner account on Twitter already said that the coach Wadley was speaking with has had issues in the past.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Looks like AmericaNeedsEquality already has it parsed and uploaded...

Full text of damning description of systemic racism at UofI; link.

"I felt like playing for Iowa Football was a living nightmare. I never drank alcohol prior to going to college but based on my experience there it became the only thing I could rely on it seems and was what I did to cope. Game day was the only day that it was somewhat of a relief for me, but that even became difficult based on what happened during the week leading up to it. "

"It was clear to myself and other black teammates we were targeted to the extreme regarding not making Iowa's required weight. Trying to gain and maintain that weight in a workout after drinking pounds of Powerade and/or shakes right before working out. This made me very sick daily which included vomiting and my body aching. This was happening once a week but then went to happening everyday. I remember those that were in my group which were all Black transferred. As this was happening as I was trying my best to deal with this to help my teammates. I was threatened by Kirk Ferentz that my meal card would be taken away and I will not eat nor be able to sit with my teammates during eating sessions. He did follow through on his threat. I went to use my meal card and it was declined. I had to call my mother from New Jersey at 10 or 11pm at night because I was hungry to order Dominos Pizza for me."

Coach Brian Ferentz says, “Hey Akrum, are you going to rob a gas station?"... "Akrum are you going to rob a liquor store?"

Brian then yelled to me, “You dumb Mother ******, who the **** do you think you are!”

"I was sitting in a group meeting and it turned to the topic of my teammate Reggie Spearman who was coming off a bad knee Injury but was still trying to practice through it. Brian Ferentz was telling our Oline that he can't stand him and he wishes someone would hurt him, he hates him and he wishes he wasn't here."

A reporter said to Kirk Ferentz “Coach it’s a good thing you are going to New York because your star player Akrum Wadley who’s from New Jersey can show you guys around.” KirK Ferentz responded to him “That’s the worst thing about it!”.

"Kirk Ferentz made a way of not letting the athletes speak their mind about anything other than what and when he wanted us to speak."

"Kirk Ferentz didn't address any of the issues that I am writing this statement about today."

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

As much as Iowa fans, the Iowa media, and the Iowa Football program would like these stories to not be covered, this is not going away.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
She has a big following
JadeDFW (the Iowa football burner account on twitter) keeps tweeting at Goodson's mother after she commented on Rob's post ,"Wow this was very hard to read! Heavy, genuine, and heartfelt! Sheesh"

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
She has a big following
As seemingly ****** up as it is, it almost seems like ISU fans are the ones pushing this whole thing. People such as this Nicole person will have to continue calling Iowa out on this stuff because everyone else is trying to bury it.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
While I think Farley would take the job if offered, I don't think he gets a call. I think Iowa will go for a young guy.
My god, what if they called Fleck!! That would be gold given most Iowa fans HATE him. They would pick up his saying of "row the boat" sooooo fast and act like it was the coolest thing ever and never mention how they hated it before LMAO

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019

an internet tough guy huh? Well the next time a Cyclone fan says that Hawkeye fans are racists I'm going to drop kick them too then.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
As seemingly ****** up as it is, it almost seems like ISU fans are the ones pushing this whole thing. People such as this Nicole person will have to continue calling Iowa out on this stuff because everyone else is trying to bury it.

Oh boy

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
My god, what if they called Fleck!! That would be gold given most Iowa fans HATE him. They would pick up his saying of "row the boat" sooooo fast and act like it was the coolest thing ever and never mention how they hated it before LMAO
No

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
National media hasn't completely let it go, but because Iowa is "investigating", there hasn't been much to report during this time.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Close, they would say they invented the phrase, row the boat.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
https://247sports.com/college/iowa/...-Wallace-Chris-Doyle-Kirk-Ferentz--147953928/

https://www.blackheartgoldpants.com...-iowa-hawkeye-football-mark-kallenberger-bhgp

I have absolutely no idea whether BHGP meant to do this, but they need to do a better job of critically reading what they write. 2 days ago they posted an article about their offensive line, specifically stating Mark Kallenberger will be important. The opening line?

"Can Iowa bully it's way BACK to offensive line dominance?"

Why did Mark's brother leave the program? For being bullied due to a disability.

Status
Not open for further replies.