Iowa Football Recruiting

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Pretty stupid comparison.

I wasn’t drawing parallels to the seriousness of the transgression. Just pointing out how silly it is to say “the players don’t want Kirk fired so he shouldn’t be”. Sometimes people disassociated with the program have the best assessment of guilt and punishment.

Reactions: CyTwins

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah, Utah scares me. I know next to nothing about their roster but after a quick look they appear to have brought in some talented guys at RB over the last few classes.
Yeah that could definitely be a turn off for Parks. Has he announced a date for commitment?

theguru1

Sep 6, 2012
No. I want a law firm like Williams Connolly or some other firm. Iowa will succeed or fail on the outcome of an in-depth impartial investigation. Are you familiar with Stockholm Syndrome? That is why the players input is valuable yet not totally credible.

Honestly, your faux outrage will only get you as far as cyclone fanatic.com. You don’t get to be judge and jury. Much less gets to decide who and how to run the investigation. Yes, I am familiar with the Stockholm Syndrome. Don’t think it applies here since the players are the ones who initiated the issues and have been speaking out on it. You also should realize that thousands of student athletes have gone through the program under Kirk. You telling me they all have Stockholm Syndrome?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I wasn’t drawing parallels to the seriousness of the transgression. Just pointing out how silly it is to say “the players don’t want Kirk fired so he shouldn’t be”. Sometimes people disassociated with the program have the best assessment of guilt and punishment.
The player's opinions on whether Kirk should or shouldn't be fired doesn't matter at this point. The investigation will provide the evidence and if it shows concrete evidence that Kirk knew and even dismissed some of these allegations, it could be out of the player's hands. With that being said, I don't have much confidence that Barta or the University will do what's right in that scenario considering their history with issues in the past.

JohnnyHopkins

Aug 13, 2019
Recruits that are strongly considering Iowa right now (Most to Least):
Ricky Parks (RB) - 4* by Rivals, .8891 247comp - tons of P5 offers
Joe Alt (OT) - offers from Notre Dame, Minnesota, Northwestern, Missouri,...
Michael Myslinski (OC) - Offers from Texas, Oregon, Florida State, ton of others...
Skyler Bell (WR) - Offers from Wisconsin, Va Tech, Georgia Tech, Northwestern...
Gunnar Helm (TE) - 4* by rivals - offers from Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Texas...

Shaping up to be an awesome class. Bell seems like a long shot with 3 studs on board at WR already. He also seems very interested in Wisconsin. Stiff competition for the rest of them. Would be happy to add 3/5 after all of the top tier guys we've already got committed!

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Yeah, Utah scares me. I know next to nothing about their roster but after a quick look they appear to have brought in some talented guys at RB over the last few classes.
Most people assume Wittingham is there for a long time as well.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
lol. That’s actually pretty funny. I guess the state will firmly be a Hawkeye State for the foreseeable future.
It doesn't matter if Iowa State beats Iowa in every single sport for the rest of humanity, the state will quite literally always be "The Hawkeye State". It's not fair.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Literally impossible to take you seriously. You act like you know how law firms are ranked and you are so full of **** it is comical. In fact your assessment of how law firms are ranked was a topic with two of my lawyer buddies over cocktails. Get back to blowing kirk.

You literally have no idea what you are talking about. I can’t tell whether it’s amusing or sad.

From the University of Pennsylvania career website:

The Vault Guide to the Top 100 Law Firms is the most comprehensive, candid guide on the nation’s most prestigious law firms...”

https://careerservices.upenn.edu/resources/vault-guide-to-the-top-100-law-firms-2020-edition/

From the leading legal blog:

“As luck would have it, the closely watched Vault 100 rankings are here to remind lawyers at the nation’s largest law firms about exactly which ones are considered the most prestigious.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abovet...st-prestigious-law-firms-in-america-2020/amp/

I could probably pull a dozen more links saying similar things, but you seem like the kind of guy/gal that would never admit you were wrong. Ignorance is bliss.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Michael Myslinski (OC) - Offers from Texas, Oregon, Florida State, ton of others...
Skyler Bell (WR) - Offers from Wisconsin, Va Tech, Georgia Tech, Northwestern...
Gunnar Helm (TE) - 4* by rivals - offers from Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Texas...

Shaping up to be an awesome class. Bell seems like a long shot with 3 studs on board at WR already. He also seems very interested in Wisconsin. Stiff competition for the rest of them. Would be happy to add 3/5 after all of the top tier guys we've already got committed!
Who are the three studs at WR?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

And you think that's the case here? You think the opinions of people outside the program should outweigh the opinions of the people who the coaches' behavior directly impacted and who have been brought together to lead the effort of determining how things should move ahead?

That's a rhetorical question. I know that whomever recommends that KF be fired is the one you're going to think should have the most say.

JohnnyHopkins

Aug 13, 2019
Who are the three studs at WR?
Keagan Johnson - .8809 Composite rating - Offers from Nebraska (legacy!), KState, and Iowa State

Brodie Brecht - .8659 Composite rating - Offers from Nebraska, Iowa State, Kansas State, Kansas

Arland Bruce - .8655 Composite rating - Offer from Iowa State

Think you knew that though.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019

3 for 5 and hang on to current commits and this is one hell of a class. Parks is by far the biggest need at this point.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Honestly, your faux outrage will only get you as far as cyclone fanatic.com. You don’t get to be judge and jury. Much less gets to decide who and how to run the investigation. Yes, I am familiar with the Stockholm Syndrome. Don’t think it applies here since the players are the ones who initiated the issues and have been speaking out on it. You also should realize that thousands of student athletes have gone through the program under Kirk. You telling me they all have Stockholm Syndrome?
Do you know what faux means?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Keagan Johnson - .8809 Composite rating - Offers from Nebraska (legacy!), KState, and Iowa State

Brodie Brecht - .8659 Composite rating - Offers from Nebraska, Iowa State, Kansas State, Kansas

Arland Bruce - .8655 Composite rating - Offer from Iowa State

Think you knew that though.
Nah I actually didn't. I knew Brodie was a WR and thought the other two you mentioned were WR as well, but when I looked at the recruiting class they were listed as ATH, so I just wanted to make sure.

Yeah those kids should end up being good.