Oklahoma State basketball hit w/ 1 year post-season ban

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Quote from Dan Wolken, USA Today, 6/8/20: it (the FBI investigation) exposed college basketball as a laughably corrupt enterprise in which Hall of Fame coaches like Bill Self have to rely on relationships with bag men and agent wannabes to help get them players.
Exposed. Thats funny. I guess it did to those who only watch the sport for 4 weeks out of the year to see if they'll win their office bracket pool.

Collegiate sports has always had this. Frankly, it's better now than in the days where the money came directly from boosters, coaches and schools.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
It will be interesting to see how big the NCAA hammer is wielded in court. I'm cynical as Some of us here, and @randomfan44 feels the NCAA lawyers can't hold up to the Kansas "Dream Team" - whose motto, "Just because you did it, doesn't mean you're guilty".
I expect KU & DOOK to get off, but OK State, LSU get the slammer. Zona too will be targeted only because the evidence is too convincing.

NodawayRiverClone

May 1, 2018
Ku will be the first blue blood to get Condi's fix. They'll get hammered. And all those who laughed at Rice and her commission will fade away like grandma's wallpaper.

Nice reference to grandma's wallpaper, but that fading could take a while. Why not say - fade away like interest in surly's posts?

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
In a referral to the IARP, COI chair designee Carol Cartwright, a former president at Bowling Green and Kent State, wrote that the case should be handled by the IARP because of the high stakes for the parties, including the NCAA.

"The case involves one of the premier men's basketball programs in the country, one of the winningest head coaches in Division I men's basketball history who is in the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and alleged violations that are central to a federal lawsuit," Cartwright wrote on May 18. "Few cases have so much at stake. The stakes are particularly high for the Kansas men's basketball program. The Level I allegations include an illicit recruiting scheme, other recruiting violations, a head coach responsibility violation and lack of institutional control.

"The enforcement staff also identified a prevalence of aggravating factors for Kansas, Self and Townsend. If a hearing panel concludes that violations occurred, the penalties may be significant."

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...separate-basketball-football-infraction-cases

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Ku will be the first blue blood to get Condi's fix. They'll get hammered. And all those who laughed at Rice and her commission will fade away like grandma's wallpaper.
You seem like a real loser. No offense.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Here are options available to the IARP should they decide to take jurisdiction.

>> a maximum postseason ban of five years (it was four years);

>> financial penalties including “loss of all revenue sharing in the post-season competition” (there were fines previously, but no such all-encompassing risk);

>> potential lifetime show-cause finding against coaches (maximum had been 10 years);

>> and double the potential bans on official and unofficial recruiting visits, up to 100% (previous maximum loss of those visits: 50%).

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
It will be interesting to see how big the NCAA hammer is wielded in court. I'm cynical as Some of us here, and @randomfan44 feels the NCAA lawyers can't hold up to the Kansas "Dream Team" - whose motto, "Just because you did it, doesn't mean you're guilty".
I expect KU & DOOK to get off, but OK State, LSU get the slammer. Zona too will be targeted only because the evidence is too convincing.
I feel what? Did we have a conversation I dont remember?

I simply do not feel that the evidence that I have heard about supports their case enough to win in court.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
I feel what? Did we have a conversation I dont remember?

I simply do not feel that the evidence that I have heard about supports their case enough to win in court.
Right; that's what you spouted here. And I feel your dream team lawyers will get you off vs the limp-wristed NCAA lawyers.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Right; that's what you spouted here. And I feel your dream team lawyers will get you off vs the limp-wristed NCAA lawyers.
So don't project your opinion to be my opinion. I have no idea who any KU lawyers would be in this case and how competent they are.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn

Self, according to The Kansas City Star, told Gassnola he was happy with Adidas before adding "just need to get a couple real guys."

"In my mind, it's KU, Bill Self. Everyone else fall into line. Too (expletive) bad," Gassnola replied. "That's what's right for Adidas basketball. And I know I'm right. The more you have lottery picks and you happy. That's how it should work in my mind."

"That's how ur (sic) works. At UNC and Duke," Self replied.

Gassnola answered by saying Kentucky as well.

"I promise you I got this," Gassnola texted. "I have never let you down. Except (Deandre). Lol. We will get it right."

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Self, according to The Kansas City Star, told Gassnola he was happy with Adidas before adding "just need to get a couple real guys."

"In my mind, it's KU, Bill Self. Everyone else fall into line. Too (expletive) bad," Gassnola replied. "That's what's right for Adidas basketball. And I know I'm right. The more you have lottery picks and you happy. That's how it should work in my mind."

"I promise you I got this," Gassnola texted. "I have never let you down. Except (Deandre). Lol. We will get it right."
This. KU fans can argue semantics, plausible deniability, or lie to themselves about what these texts were about, but anyone with an ounce of objectivity knows exactly what was going on here.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015

Thats innuendo, not evidence. What specific players and a tions with those players are included there? None.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Killing the messenger doesn't affect the depth of your long-overdue penalities.

My penalties?? I am commenting on your weird posting habits of coming on here as a KSU fan posting about KU stuff just so you can get a KU poster to come on here and respond. That is ******* weird and speaks to you being a loser, no offense.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Dude, that comment is beyond burying your head in the sand.
No, it's the difference between speculating what is likely happening vs. providing evidence in a court case. We all know what is happening throughout the sport.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
My penalties?? I am commenting on your weird posting habits of coming on here as a KSU fan posting about KU stuff just so you can get a KU poster to come on here and respond. That is ******* weird and speaks to you being a loser, no offense.
He gets more feedback here than anywhere else. KU boards have either banned him or ignore him and it's no fun to post stuff like that on a KSU board where everyone agrees with you.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
No, it's the difference between speculating what is likely happening vs. providing evidence in a court case. We all know what is happening throughout the sport.
So because Bill was just doing what everyone does so we shouldn’t be busting his balls? Am I doing this right?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron