The Two Powerhouse Football Conferences

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa did have the tougher schedule according to the majority of BCS bowl metrics this year and in 2017. Neither team made the AP top 25 in 2017.
I agree Iowa had a tougher schedule that year. AP voters said Iowa State was the best team and I use AP votes as my go to metric for judging a team

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Actually they'd have Iowa State at 8-5 and only a one point underdog at home vs Minnesota. Like I said Sagarin said Iowa was better than Iowa State in 2017 and they weren't. I do agree Iowa had the tougher schedule that year though but agree with the AP voters that Iowa State was the best team

What are you talking about? ISU loses to Iowa obviously, to USC on a neutral field, Lose to Minnesota at home, and lose to Wisconsin, Penn St. and Michigan.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I agree Iowa had a tougher schedule that year. AP voters said Iowa State was the best team and I use AP votes as my go to metric for judging a team

LOL I see you edited, as you realize that the Sagarin predictor says ISU goes 7-6 vs Iowa's schedule and Iowa goes 10-3 vs ISU schedule.

According to your gospel, nothing changes if schedules were flipped. The SOS metric he puts out means that there is 0 difference between the #5 and #30 schedule then.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
LOL I see you edited, as you realize that the Sagarin predictor says ISU goes 7-6 vs Iowa's schedule and Iowa goes 10-3 vs ISU schedule.

According to your gospel, nothing changes if schedules were flipped. The SOS metric he puts out means that there is 0 difference between the #5 and #30 schedule then.
Can’t wait to see how CyTwins spins this.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Getting to rest your players vs the Big Ten West teams outside of Wisconsin and Minnesota is a huge advantage

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Getting to rest your players vs the Big Ten West teams outside of Wisconsin and Minnesota is a huge advantage

Sagarin says ISU goes 7-6 vs Iowa's schedule and Iowa goes 10-3 vs ISU schedule. I know it is upsetting to you, but your boy Sagarin says it is the case.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
CyTwins has no answer. Interesting.

What is funny is the majority of the Big10 West played a much tougher schedule than the toughest Big12 conference schedule. Iowa, Wisconsin, Northwestern and Nebraska all had to play 4 top 15 ranked teams. That is crazy tough and something a Big12 team never has to face.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
I use Sagarin for SOS but you knew that already

Called it, according to CyTwins we have to pick and choose what does and doesn’t count in Sagarin.

This isn’t cherry picking either because he says so.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Actually they'd have Iowa State at 8-5 and only a one point underdog at home vs Minnesota. Like I said Sagarin said Iowa was better than Iowa State in 2017 and they weren't. I do agree Iowa had the tougher schedule that year though but agree with the AP voters that Iowa State was the best team
so Iowa had a much tougher schedule, won head to head, ended up with tha same record but you think the Clones were better? Stop it. You don't really believe that.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Yeah, and neither does getting into a peeing match about people you don't have any real association with (assuming you aren't related to him). Does it really matter? It would have been nice for Lazard to have been drafted and even better for him if he had went possibly second day, but in the truthfullness, it doesn't affect my life one bit.

Why I don't understand these numbnut trolls who come one here and argue things repeatedly with Twins daily, especially creating different user names (knowing the hoops I had to jump through to create this one -- which is my only one). I know I will occasionally join into the stupidity and try to catch myself after a few posts.

Does it really affect or matter to you what SE says about Epenesa's draft position? I don't care what you think of Lazard.

Spot on.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
What is funny is the majority of the Big10 West played a much tougher schedule than the toughest Big12 conference schedule. Iowa, Wisconsin, Northwestern and Nebraska all had to play 4 top 15 ranked teams. That is crazy tough and something a Big12 team never has to face.

Link?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
so Iowa had a much tougher schedule, won head to head, ended up with tha same record but you think the Clones were better? Stop it. You don't really believe that.

Sure do. Iowa State had better wins and beat a top 25 team in a bowl game in their own house. AP voters got it right

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron